360 Total Security Essential 6.0.0.1021

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
There is a lot of speculation if 360 IS will be replaced. I think 360 TS essential will replace 360 IS. It even says on the 360 TS essential page that it is "The New Internet Security free antivirus" . To be honest, TS essential is mostly the same as IS but they just added the Avira engine now as well.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here are some pictures of 360 TS Essentials:

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard05.jpg
Clipboard06.jpg
Clipboard07.jpg

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
There is a lot of speculation if 360 IS will be replaced. I think 360 TS essential will replace 360 IS. It even says on the 360 TS essential page that it is "The New Internet Security free antivirus" . To be honest, TS essential is mostly the same as IS but they just added the Avira engine now as well.

It's the same like 360 TS just without optimization and cleaning tools. :)

Reactions: Kent and K Atari
H

hjlbx

Isn't it curious how they've adopted the lightning symbol we know to be used by Baidu?

I've noticed a lot of "copying" by the AV vendors.

One comes out with really good feature and some of its competitors will add it to their AV.

Copying lightning-bolt, though, that's questionable - but doesn't surprise me. In Chinese culture copying is no big deal... whereas in Western culture it's low. Almost as bad as being a snitch. :D

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
they can change the product and its name but do not treat the bugs I do not come back to use it

Reactions: Sr. Normal

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The new 360 Internet Security has just been released with new engines, a new look, and a new name!
https://www.facebook.com/360safe

I read that too....but still they need to answer in 2 questions:
1) Why Internet security is STILL active and available for download on their website?
2) Why ''Essentials'' is only available as x32 and NOT as x64 as well like Internet Security is?

I will wait for their answer and when everything is clear i will get back here....

D

Deleted member 2913

Bitdefender & Avira version is latest?

Can Bd & Avira be removed from 360 GUI?
Coz I tried it for a short time & saw something in settings like uninstall unneeded engines.
But couldn't find how to do it?

I dont want HIPS part as I will be installing it on average users system & I find its HIPS part is not that easy as it asks for both the legit & malware apps the same way.
How can I disable or remove HIPS part only?

And what is that 360 downloader?
What does it uploads?

What does the Online Shopping Protection do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I read that too....but still they need to answer in 2 questions:
1) Why Internet security is STILL active and available for download on their website?
2) Why ''Essentials'' is only available as x32 and NOT as x64 as well like Internet Security is?

I will wait for their answer and when everything is clear i will get back here....

360 Internet Security may still be developed, but that doesn't mean 360 Total Security cannot be 2 different products.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/please-don-t-stop-360-internet-security-development.37266/

Internet Security is just a term used for Antivirus, Total Security.

Observing the website, TS Essentials is AV + Sandbox without Tools (Speedup and Cleanup).
Compare, by scrolling webpage: http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/features/ts/ and http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/features/tse/

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
360 Internet Security may still be developed, but that doesn't mean 360 Total Security cannot be 2 different products.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/please-don-t-stop-360-internet-security-development.37266/

Internet Security is just a term used for Antivirus, Total Security.

Observing the website, TS Essentials is AV + Sandbox without Tools (Speedup and Cleanup).
Compare, by scrolling webpage: http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/features/ts/ and http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/features/tse/
on there fb page

"The new 360 Internet Security has just been released with new engines, a new look, and a new name!

While 360 Total Security is a holistic solution that addresses every security needs of a desktop computer user, 360 Internet Security has been of a great value to its users because of its simplicity and strong security.

With that in mind, we have been working hard to build a new version of 360 Internet Security, which offers a unified experience together with 360 Total Security without losing a bit of its strength. For this reason, the new Internet Security now gets a new name - 360 Total Security Essential.

360 Total Security Essential strengthens the security from its predecessor with additional antivirus engines, and employ the same technologies that protect over 500 million users worldwide today."

i am sure this is the new internet security. They will stop the old one from bein devloped. there is no reason why they should keep 3 avs at the same time for free. the new "total security" is like the old internet security,only a new look and avira engine. they will delet the old page soon i am pretty sure.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So.. 360 Internet Security is now 360 Total Security Essentials? And 360 Total Security remains as normal with the Tools and Cleanup features.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I send them emails everywhere.....waiting for their answer.
The whole confusion started because they wrote on their Facebook that Essentials is the new Internet Security....while on their official website:

Under Products category a user can see 2 products:

jaG4K21.png

If the user click on ''Total Security'' then he/she can view ''Essentials'' listed as sub category of Total Security

b8NAxDr.png

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
It may sound stupid and ridiculous,but it's true.With 360 TS,i cannot access the submenus when i want to customize the icons from the taskbar...if i click to open the settings for an icon,nothing happens...and this occurs ONLY with 360 TS installed on my laptop,never encountered such a behavior.And yes,explorer.exe it0s on the whitelist.Anyone has any idea what it's going on?

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
It may sound stupid and ridiculous,but it's true.With 360 TS,i cannot access the submenus when i want to customize the icons from the taskbar...if i click to open the settings for an icon,nothing happens...and this occurs ONLY with 360 TS installed on my laptop,never encountered such a behavior.And yes,explorer.exe it0s on the whitelist.Anyone has any idea what it's going on?

Hey JoeBlack40,
Do you have a high DPI display setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.