Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Just removal tweaks,

Removed:
I0bit Malwarefighter Pro (lost all hopes for the product)
SQLite (No need for it anymore)
Advanced System Care (Dont really need it)

As for Qihoo, I think i'm keeping it. Very good product, I'm impressed a lot and its been light with no issues.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@3link9
What about Qihoo's firewall ,is it configurable like comodo or it is like install and forget and how about its update i mean how many times it updated in a day by default ?
I am not tried it yet thats why i am asking ?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
@3link9
What about Qihoo's firewall ,is it configurable like comodo or it is like install and forget and how about its update i mean how many times it updated in a day by default ?
I am not tried it yet thats why i am asking ?

It doesn't use a firewall.

Thanks for asking though ;)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
3link9 Are you experiencing slow downs with Qihoo?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
King Mellow said:
3link9 Are you experiencing slow downs with Qihoo?

No, not at all.
I did however once had a big cpu spike when it was updating the BD engine.
But then again, I do have a Ancient CPU on this computer (Intel Pentium D 2.80 GHz)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
3link9 said:
No, not at all.
But then again, I do have a Ancient CPU on this computer (Intel Pentium D 2.80 GHz)

So, it doesn't really causes too much cpu usage. Nice! Have you tried to pair it with a standalone firewall like Comodo or Online Armor?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
King Mellow said:
3link9 said:
No, not at all.

So, it doesn't really causes too much cpu usage. Nice! Have you tried to pair it with a standalone firewall like Comodo or Online Armor?

I tried it with risings new firewall and it seemed to work fine but I just had a bad gut feeling using a rising product so... got rid of that the next day. Might pair it with Comodo or Zone Alarm and give it a go but I dont think i'll keep a firewall considering i try to save system resources.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Thanks a lot man! One more question, what's the usual ram usage of Qihoo in your pc?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
usually runs about 34-62K as i'm typing this its at 83K but the BD engine is updating again but not feeling any slowdown at all which is unusal since i'm running firefox which takes about 312K so with 4GB of old RAM, i feel it but Qihoo hasn't slowed down a bit.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright Full Update:
Removed Qihoo and Added Norton Internet Security
Added EEK&CCE
Added Minor tools
Using IE10 as Main Browser
Turned on UAC set to Max.
Exposure to Malware Upgraded to High
Infection Rate upgraded to Medium.

Alright made a slightly big change here,
I'm going back to Norton as its my personal product of choice and will be using for a long time. VMWare is yelling at me to upgrade my CPU which in some time I will so I'm no longer using a VM to test malware until I get a better PC to handle it. However I will still do OD scans on my main computer which just incase I hit somthing, I set turned on UAC and set to max and keep any backups i need if something goes wrong.
I also decided to switch to IE10 as I found it to be the lightest of the 3 browsers and IE10 has been such an improvment from past versions, I feel just fine using it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton 2013 or 2014? Did you perform an upgrade using -
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-UPDATED-LINK-Norton-Internet-Security-2013-180-Days-Key?page=3

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Norton 2013 or 2014? Did you perform an upgrade using -
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-UPDATED-LINK-Norton-Internet-Security-2013-180-Days-Key?page=3

2014 and No, Its just whats left on my license. I don't have a Auto-Renewal since i buy it at a wholesale club or bestbuy so when its up i'll go pick up a new box. (Nice collection, huh?) Like I still have the disks from the old Trend Micro PC Chillin IS from back in the day.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Decided to give NOD32 a run, I seem to like version 7 a lot.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Just ordered new gaming desktop, Will arrive in few days so i'm retiring this PC so this config is final until my new one arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.