Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does this not work for you? Or is AV-only not enough?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus-2013-Free-6-months

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Does this not work for you? Or is AV-only not enough?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus-2013-Free-6-months
It would but I only use giveaways for products I've never used before or to companies I feel that don't feel the need to have my money. Webroot is one of the those that I would love to pay to use their software. I feel giveaways are like pirating but legal. (Not saying I'm innocent, hehe).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hmm.. I've not heard that one before.

How about: If you like don't want something to go Public, it shouldn't be on the Internet.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Decided to try something different,
Added
Advanced System Care Ultimate
Iobit Malware Fighter v2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Was it really worth it over Internet Security?

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

Bitdefender Safebox™ Secure Online Storage - 2GB Free, that's a lot of space, right?
Anti-Theft - Prey Anti-Theft allows up to 3 devices for no cost.
File Encryption - Anyone use encryption?
Tune-up - Free and/or better alternatives available.

All are questionable features, imo. ;)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Was it really worth it over Internet Security?

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

Bitdefender Safebox™ Secure Online Storage - 2GB Free, that's a lot of space, right?
Anti-Theft - Prey Anti-Theft allows up to 3 devices for no cost.
File Encryption - Anyone use encryption?
Tune-up - Free and/or better alternatives available.

All are questionable features, imo. ;)

Eh... its the 90 day trial from FB. Just wanted to try out the new version, I would never pay for TS for the same resons above.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In response to "try out their new version". 30-day trials are available from their website, I suppose people like to use the top, most expensive versions. :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
In response to "try out their new version". 30-day trials are available from their website, I suppose people like to use the top, most expensive versions. :p

Hey, I use the "top, most expensive versions". Nothing wrong with it. I like the additional features.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I didn't say it was wrong, I just don't like the idea of ridiculous products with premium prices. :rolleyes:

Actually you don't, Premium is the most expensive Trend Micro product.

The way I see it. Once you start using services from these premium products, you're slowly and surely being tied into using their products in the long-term. So you've been using Trend Micro for a few years?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Felt like trying something new

Added MSE + Ad-Aware free in compatible mode.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How is Ad-Aware Free running and how does compatible mode work with another AV?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
How is Ad-Aware Free running and how does compatible mode work with another AV?

Its running well, and to my knowledge (so far) is disables real time protection but enables its anti-virus so I havent tested it but I think it works like MBAM Pro as it would only work if the virus is executed, I could be wrong however as it may just be a auto-updating on-demand scanner.
I'll be changing soon.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Giving Baidu a Shot
also added Iobit Malware Fighter for testing purposes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does IMF cloud look-up work for any malware sample?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Does IMF cloud look-up work for any malware sample?

Well the cloud is VERY Weak.
I0bit needs a lot of work as I rarely see a confirmed infection when looking up a sample.
Depends on what you mean by "work" otherwise, Yes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ok, I've found the link: http://cloud.iobit.com

Can you do a comparison, because a year (or 2) ago, I found that the website-based Cloud Lookup functioned better at giving results, whereas the built-in one found nothing.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
Ok, I've found the link: http://cloud.iobit.com

Can you do a comparison, because a year (or 2) ago, I found that the website-based Cloud Lookup functioned better at giving results, whereas the built-in one found nothing.

Actually there is no built in one, when you upload to the cloud in the software it self, It sends you right to the website.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Removed Baidu and Added Qihoo 360 for comparision so I can see which of the two I prefer, So far Qihoo is impressing me a lot, both by product and customer service.
Baidu is a good product with a future but it needs to work on its customer support with people with good english, get that microsoft certification (action center doesn't detect it as a AV), and add some new features like a right click scan would make my life easier for both personal and testing use.

I might stick with Qihoo for awhile and see how it goes.

As for I0bit..... I'm still going to keep testing it, I find its start-up guard and its registry protection the only good things about I0bit Malware Fighter. Detection is terrible, The cloud is marking malware as old as 2 years safe and its only gets a signature update every other day (I think 5 days?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.