7 VMs in 1 machine (gaming of course)

8-Bit Ghetto

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2016
If that doesn't make you just want to go and build a new PC nothing will :D Man there is some awesome hardware especially the liquid cooling system.

Liquid cooling system is great especially for overclocker users or for someone that want their CPU temperature below ~40C at all the time. But there is a lot cons for liquid cooling system.

Liquid cooling system
PROS
1) Keep your CPU temperature cool.
2) More overclock capabilities.
3) Epic smexy looking rig.

CONS
1) Too much research to choose the right parts
2) Assembly.
3) Maintenance.
4) Risk for leaking that can ruin your dream rig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Liquid cooling system is great especially for overclocker users or for someone that want their CPU temperature below ~40C at all the time. But there is a lot cons for liquid cooling system.

Liquid cooling system
PROS
1) Keep your CPU temperature cool.
2) More overclock capabilities.
3) Epic smexy looking rig.

CONS
1) Too much research to choose the right parts
2) Assembly.
3) Maintenance.
4) Risk for leaking that can ruin your dream rig.

You can ask a store to build your pc, so only 1), 3) and 4) apply.

Reactions: kev216

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would not suggest water cooling a machine unless you have built a PC before,therefore......
The Pros is that it simply has better heat dissipation than air especially running high end hardware on a gaming rig.
Overclocking really has not much to do with it as I can overclock to the max just fine with air cooling and a nice roomy well ventilated case.However liquid cooling will be a much better option.
It does look cool but if that is one of the Pros then your better off saving your money and sticking with air.
There really aren't many cons to liquid cooling other than the price tag.Of course there is always a chance for leaks however if you know what you are doing and your dog or your kid aren't going to run into it,bite it or knock it over that should not be a problem.
Assembly,well once again this shouldn't be a problem unless you have not done it before and then I would suggest someone else do it for you.
A good liquid cooled system should not require much research since most often this is done on a new build.There would be some involved if you were adding it to an exsisting build.
There should be no maintenance in a closed loop system other than blowing off dust from the RAD fins.

For the sake of the build in the video there is no option but liquid cooling

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I love the system. You need big sponsors for this though! Would be so cool to build this. :)

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
considering for this build, there had to be custom made hardware, I was most intrigue in 2 things: the water cooling system which was custom and one thing it wasnt said: VM software used. I saw the benchmark ones video but he didnt really go in dept in terms of software base.

32gb per VM, basically a slight upgrade to my ROG. My ROG has been modified thats why.

This video purpose is just to show that it is possible to run 7 vms in 1 huge server style machine, since CPUS are specific for servers.

I personally run 2 VMs + Diablo 3 on my machine at real time, each vm with 2 cores and 4gb RAM and I have no issues when running D3. If I swap to VMware however that is where the struggle comes in. I suppose the video itself is running the server edition of VMware.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do I need to complain? Of course its already a killer and nothing much but just to play games. :D

Its all about the research and knowledge in hardware to obtain better performance result.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.