9th-Generation Core Processors Unveiled

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Today at Fall Desktop Launch Event, Intel unveiled the 9th-generation Core i9-9900K, i7-9700K and i5-9600K processors for desktops. Here's everything you need to know.

Intel says the new Core i9-9900K processor is designed to deliver the best gaming performance in the world. It has 8 cores, 16 threads and the base frequency is 3.6GHz which can be boosted up to 5.0GHz.
The Intel Core i9 9900K processor is aimed at desktop-based enthusiasts and Intel is claiming that this is the “the best gaming processor in the world.”
  • It comes with dual-channel DDR4 and up to 40 PCIe lanes.
  • The processor is based off Intel’s 14nm process.
It's important to note that the Intel's latest hardware includes fixes for the controversial and critical Meltdown Variant 3 and L1 Terminal Fault issues. Intel says that the Core i9-9900K would cost you $488 and you can pre-order the new processors today. The processors are set to ship on October 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:

i9 was supposed to be in stores two years ago.

Intel and AMD are both equally quilty of the very pre-mature marketing gimmicks. Actually, I blame the hardware geeks who insist on seeing stuff at hardware shows. They're the ones behind it all. If they didn't insist on it, then Intel and AMD wouldn't make schedule announcements that they never, ever keep.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Don't buy any of these if you are not a gamer at 1440+p and a 120+ Hz monitor. For anything else go amd so intel can stop behaving like a child. Cutting hyperthreading on the i7 so they can force people to pay a lot more money for the "i9" is stupid.

Don't buy any of these if you are not a gamer at 1440+p and a 120+ Hz monitor. For anything else go amd so intel can stop behaving like a child. Cutting hyperthreading on the i7 so they can force people to pay a lot more money for the "i9" is stupid.

Most people only need i5. Spend the money on a super-fast SSD.

Both AMD and Intel play games. I don't know who is worse... the OEMs or Microsoft.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Most people only need i5. Spend the money on a super-fast SSD.
If you need an i5 then you go amd again to get more for your money and get two ssd. Only point of intel over amd for the last few years after ryzen was ipc per core. Now with ryzen 2 it would only make sense if you get the cores and hyperthreading so you can use the cpu for other stuff also.
Without hyperthreading and higher prices is basically a scam as it has a benefit for a very tiny percentage of users.

PS if you are buying amd be a bit more careful on ram selection plus its speed

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Basically, Intel is giving us the same story since 2015 when they initially launched Skylake (minor differences). It's sad to see the world's second largest and second highest valued semiconductor chip maker, next to Samsung, giving us the same stuff for years. I understand they didn't have proper competition until Ryzen saw the light but they really need to snap out

AMD Ryzen is no threat to Intel because of AMD's inability to meet Intel manufacturing head-on.

OEMs don't want to deal with AMD.

If OEMs don't want to deal with you, then you will not put a dent in the market.

Reactions: Eddie Morra

If you need an i5 then you go amd again to get more for your money and get two ssd. Only point of intel over amd for the last few years after ryzen was ipc per core. Now with ryzen 2 it would only make sense if you get the cores and hyperthreading so you can use the cpu for other stuff also.
Without hyperthreading and higher prices is basically a scam as it has a benefit for a very tiny percentage of users.

PS if you are buying amd be a bit more careful on ram selection plus its speed

For security work, a graphics card just adds $300 or more to the price of a system. Graphics cards are only needed by gamers and graphics related pros.

For security softs, an i7 or i5 with fast SSD is more than sufficient.

E

Eddie Morra

I needed to get my hands on an Intel system for Intel technology R&D so I went and bought myself a decent HP Laptop with an 7th generation i5 processor. It's good enough. Performs brilliant for requirements actually.

For anything else, you can bet money I'll be using an AMD Ryzen machine as long as Windows is required.

I am all for cheaper, but the fact of the matter is that AMD is much more problem-prone than compared to Intel. OEMs just don't support AMD sufficiently. They're just not gonna put forth the effort for AMD until AMD can supply really large orders. If I order 25 million and you tell me you can only meet 10 % of that, well then... I'm moving onto the guy that can supply my full order.

Technically, AMD might have the superior product, but that isn't the only thing that matters.

So it really is a moot point because all AMD is doing at this point is ticking Intel's ass.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Seems like they have been flirting with 5.0GHz threshold for more than a decade and still can't cross it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.