Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
You can also use a good third party backup solution, like Macrium Reflect Free (for system images), and uBlock origin as browser extension :)

Reactions: frogboy

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I'm also not kidding, but i can't for real suggest to replace a product which probably was shipped with AT&T services and costs much less than Avira (i may be wrong). I can advice him, that by the end of his license, he should consider Avira, it's a very good AV :)
Yes, But for now ( and if he wants to keep his products ) Avira browser safety would improve his security setup ;)

Reactions: Amelith Nargothrond

_eR_

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 24, 2017
I'm also not kidding, but i can't for real suggest to replace a product which probably was shipped with AT&T services and costs much less than Avira (i may be wrong). I can advice him, that by the end of his license, he should consider Avira, it's a very good AV :)

I don't personally like McAfee, but At&t U-Verse provided the solution included in the subscription. If it wasn't free I would not put my money on it :). I forgot to mention that my pictures and videos are mirrored in google drive and important docs are on OneDrive, else is expendable ( games, misc videos, etc). That's why I don't "backup", but I believe that If I had to, I would write a sync batch script and execute it as scheduled task. I'm considering a dual boot set-up with linux, and leave just the windows side for gaming related stuff. What do you think?

Reactions: Xsjx and frogboy

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I don't personally like McAfee, but At&t U-Verse provided the solution included in the subscription. If it wasn't free I would not put my money on it :). I forgot to mention that my pictures and videos are mirrored in google drive and important docs are on OneDrive, else is expendable ( games, misc videos, etc). That's why I don't "backup", but I believe that If I had to, I would write a sync batch script and execute it as scheduled task. I'm considering a dual boot set-up with linux, and leave just the windows side for gaming related stuff. What do you think?

My advice would be not to skip the backup part, it's just part of best practice. You never know when you get hit by a malware that silently cleans up your cloud (sync will also delete your files). Or evenly bad, by a ransomware. I recently had the pleasure to test a new product called Ranstop, which i personally prefer over Appcheck, which also backs up stuff in a secure containment system. Might be a good addition for you as well, it's fully automated. I'm still testing it, i would like to present a solution to my clients very soon, some of them got hit by these pesky little encrypting malware, and i have no other choice but to come up with a solution. Why not get protected, get backed up at the same time, without moving a finger? There's also a giveaway here on MT on the home page, for a full year license. So, a step away from being free as well. I don't qualify, i don't have social media accounts, but you might have :)

Reactions: _eR_ and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.