Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I don't personally like McAfee, but At&t U-Verse provided the solution included in the subscription. If it wasn't free I would not put my money on it :). I forgot to mention that my pictures and videos are mirrored in google drive and important docs are on OneDrive, else is expendable ( games, misc videos, etc). That's why I don't "backup", but I believe that If I had to, I would write a sync batch script and execute it as scheduled task. I'm considering a dual boot set-up with linux, and leave just the windows side for gaming related stuff. What do you think?
You wouldn't put your money on it when it's free.
@Amelith Nargothrond But then again, backups are there for redundancy. Two copies already decreases the chance of losing data.
@Xsjx There might be though.

Reactions: Xsjx

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Let's not hijack @_eR_ security config with a discussion on Avira Browser safety as the idea is to give your feedback and let the OP reply with any inquiries or questions about suggestions made.

I would stress the importance of a system backup solution as both Macrium and AOMEI offer good free products.
Consider an additional on demand scanner(s).
If AT&T Internet Security works for you,keeps you infection free and costs $0 I do not see any reason to change it.
Other than the system backup solution you have a nice secure config!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Does "User data in diferents hard drives" have redundancy? It doesn't seem to be defined as backup otherwise since backups are supposed to offer redundancy.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I would add a good backup software, because even if you backup your data, like documents, files, etc. a system image backup is always important in case of infection, so you can restore your system in a few steps and the infection (and the related problems) are solved.

I would also add ZAM Free as an additional on-demand scanner.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.