App Review A Documentary on The SolarWinds Hack

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
America always blame Russia, and make China looks "innocent" that they don't interfere with America business at all.

Funny thing is Chinese hackers are using this exploit to conduct attack

:ROFLMAO:

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
America always blame Russia, and make China looks "innocent" that they don't interfere with America business at all.

Funny thing is Chinese hackers are using this exploit to conduct attack

:ROFLMAO:
Considering that they haven't released any real evidence as to why they attributed the attack to Russia, anything is possible. It's entirely possible that Chinese hackers replicated CozyBear attack patterns to mislead the U.S.

It wouldn't be surprising since these threat actors were pretty damn smart in the first place to do what they did, in the manner that they did it.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Very well created video! Enjoyed watching and yes I would say it's easy to understand. Just one small tiny help on the company Godaddy, for those that don't know what it is or do. It's a internet domain registrar and web hosting company.

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
Very well created video! Enjoyed watching and yes I would say it's easy to understand. Just one small tiny help on the company Godaddy, for those that don't know what it is or do. It's a internet domain registrar and web hosting company.
Thank you so much for clarifying it for the others! I can't believe I didn't explain what GoDaddy was.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Considering that they haven't released any real evidence as to why they attributed the attack to Russia, anything is possible. It's entirely possible that Chinese hackers replicated CozyBear attack patterns to mislead the U.S.

It wouldn't be surprising since these threat actors were pretty damn smart in the first place to do what they did, in the manner that they did it.
Agree, as attributes are probably one of the hardest part for researchers and investigators. The case with the Olympic Destroyer from 2018 is a very good example.

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
Agree, as attributes are probably one of the hardest part for researchers and investigators. The case with the Olympic Destroyer from 2018 is a very good example.
It's funny you should bring that up! I was just thinking of making a video on the Olympic Destroyer as well! But yes, this is a great example.

I don't think we should blame anyone for wrong attributions, it is a very difficult thing to do after all and it's easy to say that it was done intentionally to mislead the public. Cyberattacks are becoming more and more difficult to really uncover and it's only bound to get worse as time goes on.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It's funny you should bring that up! I was just thinking of making a video on the Olympic Destroyer as well! But yes, this is a great example.

I don't think we should blame anyone for wrong attributions, it is a very difficult thing to do after all and it's easy to say that it was done intentionally to mislead the public. Cyberattacks are becoming more and more difficult to really uncover and it's only bound to get worse as time goes on.
A bit off-topic, but I shared a video serie from Kaskersky about the Olympic Destroyer that might be of some help/tips. Looking forward to your upcoming videos even with other topics. (y)

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
A bit off-topic, but I shared a video serie from Kaskersky about the Olympic Destroyer that might be of some help/tips. Looking forward to your upcoming videos even with other topics. (y)
I'll definitely be checking these out! Tomorrow Unlocked and Darknet Diaries are high quality stuff and have been a major source of inspiration for my videos as well!

Thanks for linking these! And yes! Do stay tuned! Thanks for the support!

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
As English isn’t my main, I enabled subtiles but enjoy your video.
I also watch your wannacry video and like both!
Thank you so much! I would love to make my content accessible to people all over the world one day, hopefully build a team to create subtitles for popular languages.

I'm sorry if certain things were not understandable. Please do stay tuned as my channel grows, I'll begin to implement such things 🙏

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Just a suggestion, I am not a YouTuber but my boss is.
Your voice is very fresh, and have an accent from your region, like my boss have an accent from a non-English speaker.
But it uses some kind of software to make its voice looks like David Attenborough, it makes the videos very professional, almost like something made by BBC or Netflix.
The majority of persons don't have a radio voice, but it sounds great when they have that deep radio voice.
Just a suggestion my friend, I will see your videos with or without a radio voice :).

I leave the example, I can guarantee that is real voice had nothing to do with the voice you hear in the video:

Last edited:

TechWithShaan

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 9, 2021
Just a subjection, I am not a YouTuber but my boss is.
Your voice is very fresh, and have an accent from your region, like my boss have an accent from a non-English speaker.
But it uses some kind of software to make its voice looks like David Attenborough, it makes the videos very professional almost like something mad by BBC or Netflix.
The majority of persons don't have a radio voice, but it sounds great when they have that deep radio voice.
Just a suggestion my friend, I will see your videos with or without a radio voice :).

I leave the example, I can guarantee that is real voice had nothing to do with the voice you hear in the video:

Thanks for the suggestion man!

I would love to have a deep broadcaster voice, and it's something I know will make my content easier to listen to. I have a very nasal voice and I find that it can sometimes be very difficult to listen to! Unfortunately, using a software makes it sound very computer-like and I'm not a big fan of that. I will however put some effort into getting a deeper voice and at the same time, making it feel as natural as possible.

Thank you so much for the suggestion though, truly appreciate feedback like this!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.