A free remote desktop software

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello,
I search a free remote-desktop software to control 2-3 pcs (on Windows).
I need it for personal use only. So I need a maximum of options but I don't need a simple program.
I don't need a tool like teamviewer because it need a password (so a preson is needed to give the password).
Thanks.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Check logmein as well though it's teamviewer alternative type, well if you make an account or set permanent password it will not reset at every startup (in case you need this thing)

Kiwimike

Level 1
Verified
Dec 15, 2015
I used to use Teamviewer, but now I use VNC for my servers. But the free version has no encryption and if your accessing it from WAN then you will need to port forward it. Meaning you could expose yourself if you were to control two computers in two different locations.

However, if its for a home network it will work great. The only issue I can think of in a home network is that it doesn't offer file transfer. But its used in the enterprise and business a lot so you'll be getting a quality product, just toned down.

Sorry about the edit, i accidentally completed it when i didn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.