Battle A lightweight Antivirus for running beside to Voodooshield?

Compare list
Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential (Only cloud engine)
Webroot SecureAnywhere
Kaspersky Secuity Cloud
Others

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I'm normally using KSC but today I installed voodooshield free, and I liked this product. I think I may select a ligther combo now.

The most important thing is the product should be free of any serious exploit. I wouldn't want to let to malware run something at a kernel level.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Kaspersky Free + Voodooshield. Be sure you exclude Voodooshield.exe and Voodooshieldservice.exe in Kaspersky ''Threats and exclusions'' setting.
If you like to add a paid product then go with Eset Nod32 antivirus making also exclusions.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for replies.

I’m planning to use a non-paid software, so I will pass the eset and Cylance, despite the fact they are great products.

Avast - I had used it twice, for a short time. But my settings were being changed by itself.
CCAV - It somehow hogged my virtual machine’s resources. I also tried it on an another computer but no luck.

WD - I don’t ever think it’s lightweight.

F-secure ultralight antivirus seemed interesting, but it’s best to not use a beta software as antivirus.

I think I will tweak the KSC for a better performance ( script injection off, only scan on execute etc.)

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for replies.

I’m planning to use a non-paid software, so I will pass the eset and Cylance, despite the fact they are great products.

Avast - I had used it twice, for a short time. But my settings were being changed by itself.
CCAV - It somehow hogged my virtual machine’s resources. I also tried it on an another computer but no luck.

WD - I don’t ever think it’s lightweight.

F-secure ultralight antivirus seemed interesting, but it’s best to not use a beta software as antivirus.

I think I will tweak the KSC for a better performance ( script injection off, only scan on execute etc.)
I'd suggest Immunet Immunet AntiVirus
Why?
First, it's very light (if you set it correctly).
Second, Cisco is not on VirusTotal, so it will give you a plus over Voodoo Shield

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.