Battle A lightweight Antivirus for running beside to Voodooshield?

Compare list
Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential (Only cloud engine)
Webroot SecureAnywhere
Kaspersky Secuity Cloud
Others

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I'm normally using KSC but today I installed voodooshield free, and I liked this product. I think I may select a ligther combo now.

The most important thing is the product should be free of any serious exploit. I wouldn't want to let to malware run something at a kernel level.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'd suggest Immunet Immunet AntiVirus
Why?
First, it's very light (if you set it correctly).
Second, Cisco is not on VirusTotal, so it will give you a plus over Voodoo Shield
Third, it includes a dedicated anti-exploit module and in-memory process protection, neither of which VoodooShield protects against.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
KSC sounds like a great option, but I can't say. Never have taken the leap into Kaspersky.

Using F-C with the hardening tweaks. The web filtering is something I wouldn't want to be without anymore. For me, that's enough, but signature-wise, it's amazing too. It's a matched pair for Comodo firewall. This combination for home (without the F-C hardware) is probably about as close to the actual FortiClient endpoint system as is possible. The endpoint system uses the network level hardware firewall and sandbox.

KSC will give you the rollback protection and I believe it has good web filtering too. I can see why that would be a great choice with VoodooShield.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Good point to add with @imuade @Nestor Immunet suggestions.
long away from this antivirus. Is useless. I tested immunet with one virus one week old from malcode database the 1 exe. Detected from immunet, write alert virus carantined but the pc infected. Every 10 seconds alert from immunet the 1exe try to conect to internet. Hitman pro found the infection and my laptop cleaned. I tested the same virus with Avast , Avira free, 360TS, Panda free and bloked from all. Another one test with immunet with the same virus and other two old virus again infected.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
long away from this antivirus. Is useless. I tested immunet with one virus one week old from malcode database the 1 exe. Detected from immunet, write alert virus carantined but the pc infected. Every 10 seconds alert from immunet the 1exe try to conect to internet. Hitman pro found the infection and my laptop cleaned. I tested the same virus with Avast , Avira free, 360TS, Panda free and bloked from all. Another one test with immunet with the same virus and other two old virus again infected.

Good to know because I had no prior experience with Immunet.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Strange, Cisco Talos recognizes it as malicious since Feb. 27th
SHA256
8B33C39A0C46DFEDF9B7D22D7FF0BA9BBD37F8AD66BEEDEF21089A038A0DC463

Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Strange, Cisco Talos recognizes it as malicious since Feb. 27th
My English is not good. But i tell you the immunet found the file is virus. Write me message the Virus quarantined. but the system was infected. Is not the first time to see this with immunet.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
My English is not good. But i tell you the immunet found the file is virus. Write me message the Virus quarantined. but the system was infected. Is not the first time to see this with immunet.
Ah ok sorry, I missed that part.
Did you check if 1.exe was active in memory (for example by sysinternals) ?

EDIT
Was "Blocking mode" enabled or disabled?

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Ok thanks for the answer. Then it's indeed an issue
Yes it is. Because i execute the virus and immunet give me alert virus detected and quarantined. But the virus run on system. I had see this and before 6 months again. If you search to immunetcommunity you will see comments with the same problem.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.