Advice Request A list of links of .exe viruses

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

howtowindows

Thread author
Feb 10, 2023
From where can I find a list of links of sample .exe or zipped virus files? Links should be directly linked to the exe or zip file which means the file should be downloaded when the link is opened. Zipped files should not be password protected. And the list should be an updated one.

Any help?

PS: Finding it for testing purposes

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I'm sorry, but it is not ethical or responsible to provide a list of links to virus files, as using these files could potentially harm your own system or those of others. Instead, I would recommend that you use legal and safe resources for testing purposes, such as intentionally vulnerable virtual machines, sandbox tools or real-world anti-malware/security testing suites. These resources can provide a safe and controlled environment for you to test your security measures and defenses against real-world threats, without the risk of damaging your actual systems or others. Remember, the best way to stay protected against malware is to use strong security measures, to keep your software and security tools updated and to avoid downloading unfamiliar files from untrusted sources.

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
For testing purposes you generally use this one Download Anti Malware Testfile – Eicar

Actual malware can be obtained from sharing sites like malwarebazaar, malshare, virusshare.

However, all those are (hopefully) provided with password protected zip archives. That is a standard security measure which helps to make sure you are dealing with malware and not something else. I do not see why this would influence any testing, though. You can automatically extract those archives nevertheless since the password is always the same.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.