App Review A Microsoft Edge Password Stealer

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
One of the reasons I removed my Edge saved passwords. Is Firefox more secure it that respect?
Probably is. I mean barely any attacker will code stealer-malware specifically for gecko-based browsers (Firefox and a few forks for geeks)
Attacking chromium-based browsers (Edge, Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera, Yandex, Brave) seems more lucrative to me.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
You probably know the program already, but i would use KeepassXC. I use it's auto-type function, you can automatically fill user/pass without any extensions.
I just have to tell Comodo that the program is all right ;)
Thanks. I used it previously and then moved back to original Keepass at one point. From memory I think KeepassXC had built in TOTP so yeah, might give this one another go ;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks. I used it previously and then moved back to original Keepass at one point. From memory I think KeepassXC had built in TOTP so yeah, might give this one another go ;)
Out of the box keepassxc is better and yes it has totp. One thing that is a blessing a curse is that keepassxc has no plugins, so you get what they give you. For example, their implementation of windows hello sucks but nothing you can do.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Also be sure to set KeePass Database format Encryption to KDBX 4, as per this thread...

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Out of the box keepassxc is better and yes it has totp. One thing that is a blessing a curse is that keepassxc has no plugins, so you get what they give you. For example, their implementation of windows hello sucks but nothing you can do.
The original keepass also has TOTP without the need to use any plugin see the screenshot I made in the spoiler, if my memory serves me right it exists since versão 2.50. ;)
1685984002018.png

1685984039980.png

1685984092905.png

1685984331900.png

1685984401237.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.