A New Firefox Logo for a New Firefox Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
The concept of what Firefox is has evolved quite a bit over the years. Not too long ago, it was a desktop browser, plain and simple. However, as the Web has grown and developed in new ways, so has Firefox – it’s now a browser for Android, Mac, Windows and Linux as well as an apps marketplace and a brand new mobile operating system. That’s a lot of change in a short period!

infographic_600x927.png

With all that in mind, we’ve decided that the time is right to reflect this ongoing evolution with a visual refresh of the Firefox logo and product icon. As you can see from the graphic above, the basic concept remains exactly the same, but it’s been modernized to reflect Firefox’s role in the ever-changing Web of 2013 and beyond.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm no expert on design, but these are my thoughts.

The lack of detail is from the current trend, but the 2013 FF Logo is the softer version of 2004 FF Logo.

The 2 are similar except where the emphasis lies;
2004: Vibrant Fox wraps Globe
2013: Globe wrapped by less vibrant Fox

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The changes are so small that most users will probably not know the difference. I had to really take some close looks before I could tell the differences.

Thanks.:D

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
little differences in new logo than the old, hard to differentiate at first look, as Littlebits said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.