Question About Edge password manager.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Ok, after having hardened Windows with SpyNetGirls module, I decided this morning to check out Edge's Password Manager, to see if I liked it enough to at least replace Bitwarden in my Edge Browser. No not because Bitwarden is bad, it is definitely safe to say it is not. And I will keep using it in my backup browser Firefox once I have it installed. No because of the security setup I have now I wanted to try Edges Password manager. (Because it would benefit from a lot of security measures.)

I entered a few websites and their passwords, but when I went to those sites, Edge did not autofill the fields and did not load the sites? It did not do anything, even when I reloaded the page. Although not impossible of course, I doubt I did something wrong. Or would uBlock maybe do something to stop it? (I really doubt that, but still.)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
There could be several reasons why Edge's Password Manager is not autofilling the fields or loading the sites. It's possible that there may be a compatibility issue with certain websites or that the autofill feature is disabled in your Edge settings. Additionally, certain browser extensions like uBlock could potentially interfere with the autofill functionality. You can try checking the Edge settings to ensure autofill is enabled and try disabling any conflicting extensions to see if that resolves the issue.

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Is the 'Autofill Passwords' option toggled on in the Passwords settings page?

1695472893614.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.