Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The Reputation System lets users rate other users based on their actions and posts. All ratings are tallied to give every user a total reputation, which are displayed in their profiles and posts.
To help limit abuse, all reputation comments are public, displayed in a simple reputation report along with the comment and value of the rating.

EoxEg.png

The Reputation System allows for users to rate other users, allowing them to give positive, neutral, or negative reviews of the user, developing the user's reputation on the board.

A user's reputation can be positive (green, a good reputation), neutral (gray, neither good nor bad), or negative (red, a bad reputation).

Rating a User

To rate a user, either click on the "Rate User" button at the top of the Reputation Report, or click on "Rate" next to the user's reputation in their profile.

J4LrX.png

Clicking on these will bring up a pop-up window that allows you to select the ratings worth and enter a comment (at least ten characters long). The rating can either be positive, neutral, or negative. You may see more than one option for positive and negative

mywrH.png

Rating a post

Every post can be given a rating (negative, neutral, or positive) to be left on the users' reputation report, allowing users to show they approve - or disapprove - of another's posts.
For post ratings, leaving a comment is optional.
You can rate a post by clicking the bellow button which can be found under each post.

UDgSg.png

Reputation points and you

On malwaretips.com each group has a certain number of reputation points available per day and also a different number of reputation points to Award/Take Away when you give rating a user or post.
This gives members of certain user groups the ability to award a more powerful rating for certain users.
To see the maximum reputations points allowed per day in your group or the points to Award/Take Away when you give reputionation check out our groups and promotions system.

BrAJX.png

Edit: Negative reputation is currently disabled.

G

Guest28

This, is simply awesome jack thanks for the wonderful reputation system.

G

Guest28

elliotcroft said:
Why did you only post this now, if I may ask?

Probably just to give the new users help in how to use the reputation system. Or maybe he forgot to add it i know i always forget things.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Why did you only post this now, if I may ask?

I wanted to post this info from some time now but I always postponed for a reason or another.Today I have decided to do it... better now than never right ?:p
I'm sure that you all knew how to use the Reputation System but this can be usefull for the future members. :D

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks Jack! I hope members won't abuse this forum features just to have fun :666:.....

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ghost said:
Thanks Jack! I hope members won't abuse this forum features just to have fun :666:.....
This is why we ,the "older" members, are here for.....if you notice someone who is abusing this system you can send a notification to us ,the administrators, and we will take the appropriate measures against that member.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I wasn't referring to the actual age..... but to the moment of registration on malwaretips.com.... :p ..nevertheless everyone can notify an administrator when he thinks the reputation system is being abused. :angel:

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
I wasn't referring to the actual age..... but to the moment of registration on malwaretips.com.... :p ..nevertheless everyone can notify an administrator when he thinks the reputation system is being abused. :angel:
I'd say the negative rep on Bogdan. The person who negatived his reputation was banned and the post in question was a notification of the behaviour of the posters in the topic. I think that the negative rep should be removed.
Would you say I was an old member? I was the 29th person to join.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
And what about if we get into a disagreement with another member? What if he writes negative stuff when all you are doing is making your point? Seems like a rather dumb idea. No other forum has this feature. As long as your not swearing then everything is fine.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
That's what i thought. I would rather see members giving negative rep to each-other than writing insulting posts.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I think we should keep the reputation system, but make comments for further reputations compulsory. Then you could easily track down abusers.

G

Guest28

I agree with Elliotcroft if someone is abusing they will suffer deep consequences! :grrrrrr::666:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The reputation system is built-into MyBB (info). Comments on post reputation are not required and there is no setting for this. The following settings are available:
Enable Reputation Functionality
Allow Negative Reputation
Allow Post Reputations
Reputation Comments Per Page
Maximum Reputation Length (length of a comment)

Also we can control how many points members of certain user groups can give/take away.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
The reputation system is built-into MyBB (info). Comments on post reputation are not required and there is no setting for this. The following settings are available:
Enable Reputation Functionality
Allow Negative Reputation
Allow Post Reputations
Reputation Comments Per Page
Maximum Reputation Length (length of a comment)

Also we can control how many points members of certain user groups can give/take away.
Maybe we can treat any further negative reputation without a valid comment as spam and just get an administrator to remove it straight away?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
But why would it be harder to disagree with someone? We could state that any attempt to abuse the reputation system will be moderated, and comments associated with reputation are subject to moderation as well.
On youtube you are not forced to leave a comment when you use the dislike button. On facebook...ohh wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.