About : Reputation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Well the board has changed several times in its young life since I joined so I am definitely one of the "oldest" members here in terms of join date...obviously from the mention of being the 29th I am well earlier. I like the rep system but I am concerned as others about the negative rep aspect, so long as it is moderated I can't see it being a major problem though.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The reputation system it's not a problem as we can delete any rating that might be seen as an abuse. ;D . And take very drastic measures against those who might be abusing this system.
As a personal note I value the posts that share opinions or experiences ...so I will rate with this kind of posts from +2 to + 5 Reputation Points depending on their contents :D .but everyone can have it's own standards when it comes to giving reputation points.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
The reputation system it's not a problem as we can delete any rating that might be seen as an abuse. ;D . AAnd take very drastic measures against those who might be abusing this system.
As a personal note I value the posts that share opinions or experiences ...so I will rate with this kind of posts from +2 to + 5 Reputation Points depending on their contents :D .but everyone can have it's own standards when it comes to giving reputation points.
Who can delete ratings?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
We,the administrators,supermoderators and moderators

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Seems like only Admin adn SuperMods can delete reputation :D....

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
Seems like only Admin adn SuperMods can delete reputation :D....
How come super moderators and administrators seem to have all the fun? :biggrin:
Could it be because the group is just a normal user group that can moderate the forums you specify? Can a moderator (as in the user group) delete ratings?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
A moderator has access to use the moderator controls on specific forums. Super moderators are the group of users that have access to moderate any forum in the message board.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
The rating system is a bunch of nonsense is being abused. Someone does not like you what you say then they mark it negative. Thats NOT what it should be used for. Now if someone makes fun of another member or swears then make a negative rating. This rating system is a childish thing. Get rid of it. No other forum uses it. So according to this rating system NO one is allowed to say anything negative ever. Whatever. Relax people and enjoy this great forum that Jack has made and stop making into a grade school rating system.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Didn't you also get my +3 for "speaking your mind" ? ...
The negative rating from ryan is under disscusions....anyone can report any positive or negative rating to us thru de PM system....... and we will take all the necesary measures ...you don't need to post in a topic to clean your reputation card.
Tons of forums have this system..and yes it can be abused....but on the long term , it will only bring benefits.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It's more than allowed...We encourage you to do that..I've always liked your way of saying things.....I like people who criticize a product more than those who praise one :p .And don;t worry about your Reputation Card..it will be cleared. ;)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
To all members :
Just to make things more clear.... If a member criticize a product and you don't agree with him you should always post in the topic and state your case...This is a forum... meaning that people are here to talk.....Pros or Cons ,all opinions must be respected.
In the future please have in mind that you can complain about all Reputation points that you get , negative or positive , to the staff members and please DON'T use this or any other topic to complaint.
We will take a look at your complaint and if necesary we will take the necessary measures

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
+1 Jack! Only thing is that the reputation points are overrated, it look's like we are little animals and receive treats for sharing our information. I'm not criticizing, don't get me wrong, i can live with this feature but i had to tell you the truth. It's only my opinion....

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Could you set up a guide/rule/tips how to use the rep to make sure that people use it correctly.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I suppose I will drop a line on the topic...I also pretty much feel like ghost and I see it is here and accept it but don't really care much about it. Over at rM I never used it, if I want to thank someone I will do so within the thread or via PM, I never used the system there and I do not plan to here, I do applaud the constant effort for improvement and features being offered, for that I praise and thank all involved.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I must say I agree with the Reputation System like it is as a tool to help keep this forum a pleasant and open place for discussion. All members(newbs to admins)should be treated and talked to with respect whether one agrees with what they say or not. I have seen no reason to believe the Admins here will allow it to be misused. My personal thank you for having such a system in place.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Dieselman said:
The rating system is a bunch of nonsense if being abused. Someone does not like what you say then they mark it negative. That's NOT what it should be used for. Now if someone makes fun of another member or swears then make a negative rating. This rating system is a childish thing. Get rid of it. No other forum uses it. So according to this rating system NO one is allowed to say anything negative ever. Whatever. Relax people and enjoy this great forum that Jack has made and stop making into a grade school rating system.
You expressed your ideas in a post, the person giving you negative rep does the same. If you constantly receive negative rep from a certain person we'll remove some of those. If someone swears, a member should report a post so admins/mods can take necessary actions. The reputation system is just an alternative way that members can use to express their feelings towards each-other. No one will ever warn you/ban you unless you brake the rules. Even if you have -100 rep you can still be a member of this forum so I don't see how the rep system prevents you from speaking your mind. If you don't like the rep system, simply don't use it/don't care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.