Absolutely the most powerful antivirus?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If you don't have paranoia when you visit or join this site you probably will have in a short time, on this thread almost all AV's have been hacked (owned) by the CIA apart from Norton which is a CIA re brand - People are often criticised for OTT protection but it's statements (cliché) such as I see a lot such as: 'ESET is weak' etc, half of ESET users who are new immediately uninstall ESET & end up in the causality loop, the never ending install uninstall cycle, then: I'm happy with Norton, Oh no it's run by the CIA must look elsewhere...Oh Avast, Oh that's spyware..

I saw a test on a modified BMW M3 (well known UK car TV program) The M3 is a formidable vehicle in its own right, (I had 178 mph on a German autobahn) the company who enhanced it ended up with a very powerful good looking car that could not stay on the road due to too much power, therefore un-drivable - Pulling out the Ethernet & disabling USB on the PC gives the most powerful AV in the universe (assuming I'm no already infected), some AV's for me have got close to that - Good protection many issues - Powerful is easy, powerful & good usability is hard, to use a PC effectively is why I have one??

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Exactly. i always told people here and there:
1- Use what you are the most comfortable with or the one offering what you looking for in term of components.
2- Learn all its intricacies and cons, then you will make the best of it.
3- don't believe those self-claimed "independent" labs, they are marketing proxies for AV vendors...AV business is a big and juicy market, everyone want his share, labs included. Why do you think they ask exorbitant prices to vendors, and when they get big money from them, they obviously can't be so "independent". I didn't see yet a lab test results where all the AVs score under 50%, it is easy to do it, just use obfuscated malware or scripts, why they don't? because who will pay to have bad advertisements....
4- Don't change your AV based on point 3.
Totally, it's as if they give him a Combat Plane, but you don't know how to use it, it's useless.:sneaky:

Last edited:

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
Good discussion on this issue. IMHO is the use what antivirus you feel comfortable with, easy to use, with a high detection rate. Also I would layer ones PC for extra protection. For me I run Voodoo Shield and use Trojan Remover as a on demand scanner.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
By alll means that should be Kaspersky, this is a fact, not an opinion, there is no other solution that have the same level of default protection or potential protection when tweaked, @harlan4096 tests on this forum is a testament of this fact.
This, as your stated "fact" about Kaspersky, is indeed just your opinion, and as you might know already, what's said here, stays here, so you are right about your "Testament" thing, what is done voluntary in Malware Hub, stays in MalwareTips. If that is your proof that product X is great because it does good in malware protection "tests" based on in-forum-owners made rules grabbed out of air, then it doesn't surprise why every week there's literally same threads and people asking about which is best AV and those creating turbulence-chain steering discussion to their own liked product.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
This, as your stated "fact" about Kaspersky, is indeed just your opinion, and as you might know already, what's said here, stays here, so you are right about your "Testament" thing, what is done voluntary in Malware Hub, stays in MalwareTips. If that is your proof that product X is great because it does good in malware protection "tests" based on in-forum-owners made rules grabbed out of air, then it doesn't surprise why every week there's literally same threads and people asking about which is best AV and those creating turbulence-chain steering discussion to their own liked product.
Once more your comment looks like disrespectful to other people, it seems to me you just don't like all what is related to Malware-Hub,
That's only your opinion based on the own pseudo expert knowledge, but of course, everyone can believe what is the only truth...

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
There are my holiday photos & USA & Cuba :oops::oops::oops:
Cuba?! Former enemy of the United States?! Oh we need to do something about this...
Annotation 2019-11-06 161045.png

;)

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I've noticed that many users use windows defend, maybe I should switch from eset to windows defend?
Either one is fine if you practice safe habits. No need to switch security solutions constantly. ESET is good, WD is also fine especially with Configure Defender. Since you already have ESET installed I say stick with it. It does uninstall pretty cleanly, and their uninstall tool is good at removing leftovers.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I've noticed that many users use windows defend, maybe I should switch from eset to windows defend?
If your ESET license end, yes. If not, keep use it until it expires.

I suggest you to stay with eset , wd is still sub par.....
If you are a noob happy clicker, probably.
Security is not about the efficiency of the tool you use but about how and when you use it, and if you have enough skills, a 3rd party security solution isn't even needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.