Troubleshoot Acer laptop doesn't start

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Same thing. Only difference is that the date changes now to 10/02/2009.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Used another forum, they said my machine was infected by something called Parelotogic or something.

Used Adware, it fixed it instantly until September of 2014.

My friend checked the PC inside, it was probably the motherboard, we changed the CMOS, a battery and it remained the same way. The date still resetted.
What should I say here more?

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
So. Take all USBs And try to turn it on?
EDIT: By the way when i shut him down in the power button it makes a sound "beep"

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There are many instances of the laptop does not boot:

1) Try to removed the battery and plug via AC if that will work because chances it might be already dead. (mostly that may not work)

2) Check any wirings from the laptop especially the Hard Drive or RAM which may causes not to boot correctly.

3) Does the monitor of your laptop is working? Because its has a tear level that might damage the signal connection therefore you heard the fans working but everything is totally black.

4) Beep codes may equivalent to the failure of hardware: http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/38515/beep-codes

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
It does turn on sometimes...thats just The thing lol.
My friend checked the PC...rams arent burnt; harddrive is fine...the monitor too..
The probs that i havê now is the icons not showing; date being resetted to 10/02/2009 AND when i updated the windows it shutted off automaticly ( happened Twice already )

About the beep i havê no idea it just emits that sound when i shut him off by the power button ( didnt happen before ) AND the AC you were talking about; i dont know what that is.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
AC (Alternating Current) which is running directly in electricity with or without the battery.

Anyway since its working, changing the date does help or not? What are the applications that are running on startup that suppose appear in the notification icons? You may reconsider to reinstall those software as long your computer consistently boots up.

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
What do you mean? I xhange the date everytime; but its useless.

Dont really know the apps that start with the PC. But its just the most simple ones really.

Thanks for the Quickreplies!

Upvote 0
I

illumination

If the hardware is fine, and you were infected and used a product to remove the malware, and it starts sometimes but not, my first guess would be corruption of either the operating systems or some drivers. Have you tried running a system file check?

Open Command Prompt "with Admin" and type: sfc /scannow

Let this scan run and check the integrity of the file system of the OS. If it finds issues, you will have to restart the system after the scan completes to finish the fixes.

After this, open device manager, click view and then click "show hidden devices".. Are then any device driver yellow exclamation marks present.

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Upvote 0
I

illumination

That requires the PC to Start right? I cant do that unless he turns on?
I was going by this below post you posted above.

It does turn on sometimes...thats just The thing lol.
My friend checked the PC...rams arent burnt; harddrive is fine...the monitor too..
The probs that i havê now is the icons not showing; date being resetted to 10/02/2009 AND when i updated the windows it shutted off automaticly ( happened Twice already )

About the beep i havê no idea it just emits that sound when i shut him off by the power button ( didnt happen before ) AND the AC you were talking about; i dont know what that is.

If it will start "sometimes" when it does, try to run this scan. You can even run this in safe mode via the command prompt.

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Alright. I will try that once he finnaly turns on again.
He hasnt in 3 days again...( it once happened when my friend checked it out ).
It might take a while. I will keep you informed though.

Cant i put the PC with na error ( had a 201 keyboard error some months ago pressed F1 to continue and it started normally ).
Cant i do that somehow? Im going crazy with this!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Dear @rainlight, Please click on "Edit" to remove the vulgarity in your comment as it is not permitted since it violates one of the most important rules on this forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Alright. I will try that once he finnaly turns on again.
He hasnt in 3 days again...( it once happened when my friend checked it out ).
It might take a while. I will keep you informed though.

Cant i put the PC with na error ( had a 201 keyboard error some months ago pressed F1 to continue and it started normally ).
Cant i do that somehow? Im going crazy with this!!
Have you tried pressing F8 at start up to enter safe mode?

Upvote 0

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Did you try a factory reset...ALT + F10,

Power computer on. Hold Alt and keep pressing F10 at the Acer logo. You may need a password.
If you have used Erecovery before you would have been asked to create a password.
If your first Erecovery the default password is 000000
Select Factory

Some links:

https://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Factory-reset-on-Windows-8-laptop/td-p/70381

https://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26280

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Yh it does when i put the charger on and turn it on.

Btw SRY i didnt answer you but i dont havê a monitor anymore.

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
It turn on!!
Wat should i do now??

EDIT: Iluminata, doing that "scannow" you asked me to do now...It might take a while...from what's said on this thing, after I started it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I

illumination

It turn on!!
Wat should i do now??

EDIT: Iluminata, doing that "scannow" you asked me to do now...It might take a while...from what's said on this thing, after I started it...
Good run the scan, if it does state it found integrity issues, after the scan finishes, restart the system to apply the fixes. Afterwards, look in the device manager as posted above.

Reactions: rainlight
Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Alright. Thanks for the quick replies again!

I've got one question though: After this happened my parents started saying that the PC needs some resting...Like humans...I've argued with them countless times, about this not being a human, it's a machine after all. All it needs is a restart sometimes to stop freezing and other stuff that happen sometimes. Am I right about this, or not?

By the way, I wanna thank all the mods for being understanding and patient about when I used that unappropriate language...I've been having really hard days... Just thought it would be great if I did that.

Thanks again for the awesome work...I really hope it gets fixed...Since the PC came from the repair shop, I've been really cautious about the way I took care of him...

EDIT: In case it does NOT find anything, what should I do?
EDIT #2: It did not find anything...What should I do now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.