Troubleshoot Acer laptop doesn't start

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Same thing. Only difference is that the date changes now to 10/02/2009.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Used another forum, they said my machine was infected by something called Parelotogic or something.

Used Adware, it fixed it instantly until September of 2014.

My friend checked the PC inside, it was probably the motherboard, we changed the CMOS, a battery and it remained the same way. The date still resetted.
What should I say here more?

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Did you try a factory reset...ALT + F10,

Power computer on. Hold Alt and keep pressing F10 at the Acer logo. You may need a password.
If you have used Erecovery before you would have been asked to create a password.
If your first Erecovery the default password is 000000
Select Factory

Some links:

https://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Factory-reset-on-Windows-8-laptop/td-p/70381

https://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26280

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium By the way...

I don't see how this can fix my booting problem with my PC?

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Alright. Thanks for the quick replies again!

I've got one question though: After this happened my parents started saying that the PC needs some resting...Like humans...I've argued with them countless times, about this not being a human, it's a machine after all. All it needs is a restart sometimes to stop freezing and other stuff that happen sometimes. Am I right about this, or not?

By the way, I wanna thank all the mods for being understanding and patient about when I used that unappropriate language...I've been having really hard days... Just thought it would be great if I did that.

Thanks again for the awesome work...I really hope it gets fixed...Since the PC came from the repair shop, I've been really cautious about the way I took care of him...

EDIT: In case it does NOT find anything, what should I do?
EDIT #2: It did not find anything...What should I do now?
Check the drivers as mentioned in my other posts.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

The device manager? How can I do that?

If the hardware is fine, and you were infected and used a product to remove the malware, and it starts sometimes but not, my first guess would be corruption of either the operating systems or some drivers. Have you tried running a system file check?

Open Command Prompt "with Admin" and type: sfc /scannow

Let this scan run and check the integrity of the file system of the OS. If it finds issues, you will have to restart the system after the scan completes to finish the fixes.

After this, open device manager, click view and then click "show hidden devices".. Are then any device driver yellow exclamation marks present.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

What should i do now??

Your friend you said, has checked everything hardware wise on the system that has been mentioned in these posts?

One other thing i would look for, after this i would be at a loss unless i had the system in front of me, as none of this makes sense.

open device manager, click view and then click "show hidden devices".. Are then any device driver yellow exclamation marks present.

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
It turned on today. Yes there is onde with a yellow exclamation Mark.
Its name is Security Processor Loader Driver

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Gonna try this now. I'll make an EDIT post to let you know if it got fixed or not.

EDIT: It still did NOT fix it :/ Have you got anything else?

Are you saying this failed to correct the Security Processor loader driver problem, or are you saying that it fixed the driver problem, but not the over all problem you have been facing?

Does the Security Processor loader driver still have the yellow exclamation mark next to it?

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
It sounds like a hardware problem to me. You mentioned It's an 'Acer' Laptop, but I couldn't find any mention of a model? Many times, laptop manufacturers have diagnostic tools available for their hardware. Check the Acer website to see if there are any tools available that you can use to test the health of the machine.
> You mentioned your friend checked the RAM... but if the laptop has two RAM modules, you could try removing one at a time. See if there is any change, one may have gone bad.
> Commonly motherboards will start doing some strange things like you have described once they're on their way out. I would be running as many hardware diagnostics as possible.

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0
I

illumination

At this point im stepping away from this thread, and possibly any other threads like it in the troublshooting section, as there is no way possible to know if hardware is being tested properly, or software is being implemented properly. Without being able to have my hands on the machine to know for sure, it will be almost impossible to know what the problem is. If the provided fixes/tests are not done properly, one could fill a thread full of trying things with no results. Im not saying this is the case here completely, but im more then positive everything that could possibly be the culprit has been mentioned in this thread.

If there is anyone else that would like to step up and take over, please do.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think everyone here has done everything they can to help without actually having the machine in front of them.It seems as though this might require taking the machine somewhere so that somebody can figure out the problem by actually having the PC in front of them.
There has been very little information provided other than an Acer laptop
How old?
Model# ?
What was used and how exactly was the hardware tested?
Are you saying this failed to correct the Security Processor loader driver problem, or are you saying that it fixed the driver problem, but not the over all problem you have been facing?
Does the Security Processor loader driver still have the yellow exclamation mark next to it?
What was the outcome of the above?

Without any more specific information the thread will be closed.

Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
What else you want me to say lol?
Im sure I said that the PC was an Acer Aspire 5542. Its 6 years old. The só called outcome is the same. Everythings the same of when i wrote my problem in this thread. RAMs are from the same manufacturer.

Im also pretty sure you guys noticed im not that good with PCs.

Ive done everything you guys told me to do.

EDIT: i cant know yet if it still has the yellow mark. He didnt turn on since i tried what you said.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Did you remove one stick of ram and try and restart the PC? If that didnt work replace that stick of ram and take out the other and restart your PC.
If that does not work it is probably some other type of hardware problem or the driver which without having the PC in front of you is hard to solve online.
We are trying to help but we can only do so much online

Reactions: scot and Cain
Upvote 0

rainlight

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2015
Yeah. I tried that too. RaaMs arent the problem.
I know that and i thank you for helping. Even though there isnt much you can do.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.