Advice Request Acronis + AsusWebStorange + ______

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Hi,
I was wondering what approach you recommend when you have multiple products that since first install have now started to encroach on each other.
In particular I have ASUS Web Storage doing my cloud backups which now has an anti-ransomware feature. I also have Acronis True Image 2020 for
my NAS backups. It also has an anti-ransomware feature. This is on top of the AV suite running on the machine and often a password vault like NordLocker too.

When is it time to just pick one and disable the rest? I haven't' experienced a conflict yet but its not something I can easily test.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Its just that NordLocker and ZoneAlarm for example also have anti-ransomware modules and I can't tell where the overlap is.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To clarify the following products have Ransomware protection enabled, that cannot be disabled;
  • Acronis
  • ASUS Web Storage
  • NordLocker
  • ZoneAlarm

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
To clarify the following products have Ransomware protection enabled, that cannot be disabled;
  • Acronis
  • ASUS Web Storage
  • NordLocker
  • ZoneAlarm
No, it can be toggled on/off. Which ones should I leave on?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.