App Review Acronis Cyber Protect 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Acronis test!
Acronis is a very well known company for system and file backup...
It has recently entered the world of computer security by embedding the Bitdefender engine, and its own AI Machine Learning technology.
To download it, it was complicated... Basically, it offered me the enterprise version, which is not usable for home use! I had to look for the Home version to do the test.

The installation is fast, but requires a long update. Acronis will download Bitdefender and its database.
The software is quite heavy on the system...

Protection level, nothing to say!
It is fast, efficient, that's what we ask.
However, I did not find a contextual scan, there is none on Acronis...
The machine is still infected, but it did a good job.
Just its crazy RAM consumption is problematic.....

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : High
Malware URL test : 8/8 (2 dead)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 17 files to 137.
Acronis blocks malware not detected by the Bitdefender engine via its Machine Learning.
Some infections still get through.

Resistance to script attacks: Avergae

Result :
Acronis : 2
NPE : 4
KVRT : 6

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : System infected

@SecureKongo request

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
As an Acronis user, I was happy to see your test. Have the "set it and forget it" mentality here, but doesn't Acronis allow or use a "rollback"?
Also, quite intrigued that having an infected system you still recommend it.

Peace to all ✌️
Hoping for a blessed Easter for all.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I recently installed Acronis cyber protect to have cloud backup and use macrium for external drive ,anyway, decided to shut off Acronis protection and keep Kaspersky total protection on instead, there is always the option to use its protection as a secondary scanner I guess {use then shut off again} any recommendation or advice

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Shadowra really enjoy your tests (maybe not the background music so much but its lively at least) Thanks never saw odysee before, also like to ask same question as Big Wrench {quite intrigued that having an infected system you still recommend it.?} Thanks for your work​

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Shadowra really enjoy your tests (maybe not the background music so much but its lively at least) Thanks never saw odysee before, also like to ask same question as Big Wrench {quite intrigued that having an infected system you still recommend it.?} Thanks for your work​

I put it as a recommendation, because Kaspersky finds mostly traces of malware, which I forgot to mention.
On the other hand, a process related to Internet Explorer was injected by NetWire RAT, hence the note ;)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I have a feeling that this test was more arduous for you to accomplish than most. Thank you for taking on the burden of doing these videos (and going with KVRT AND NPE as 2nd opinion thingies instead of other sub-optimal choices).

m

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Thanks for the test, I hadn't seen any test on Aronis before, seems a little busy for me & I don't like products that are heavy on the system, despite having a decent PC- I don't like money spent on hardware zapped away when others can be much lighter - Thanks :):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.