Poll AD BLOCKER or Ad Blocker extension

Discussion in 'Browsers and Extensions' started by Captain Awesome, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Which AD Blocker do you use.

1. AdGuard

39.6%
  2. uBlock Origin

47.9%
  3. Adblock Plus

6.3%
  4. Ad muncher

1.0%
  5. Others

4.2%
  6. Do not use any ad blockers

1.0%
  1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Level 19

May 7, 2016
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Which AD Blocker do you use?

2. insanity

insanity Level 4

Oct 9, 2016
    somewhere
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    uBlock Origin. It's lightweight and seems to be best extension for Chrome. Adblock Plus misses a lot of popups on Chrome with default lists. And I don't like the business model of the company behind ABP. I think uBO is what Adblock Plus used to be. As for Adguard, it's a great piece of software, but I wouldn't pay for it when there's uBO for free.

3. Marko :)

Marko :) Level 10

Aug 12, 2015
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    My combination: uBlock Origin + uBlock Origin Extra + I don't care about cookies. :)

4. Huchim

Huchim Level 4

Oct 17, 2015
    México
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    Ublock Origin with adguard filters :). Even there is a new Adguard base filter and also it offers the annoyance filter in theil default list.

I commonly use "I'm advanced user" to get rid some pages where I'm unable to copy text, adblock warnings and very rarely pop ups not blocked (this with "alternate pop pup" option). Those are the reasons why I use Ublock Origin in chrome (With UBO extra)

If you want to get rid ads on all browsers or some softwares as spotify you can edit your host file with Steven Black's host list. I used in the past and you can have some unexpected blocks from some websites and you have to manually update it (but I use their automated update and I managed with window's task scheduler) somehow I decided not to keep using that kind of "anti-adblock".

Other option is to use Emsisosft Anti-malware and activate their privacy host list in the surfer protection, this blocks some ads on all browser and programs (tip: import MVS host or Peter-lowe's Ad list)

5. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Recently switched from Adguard desktop to uBlock Origin as I believe it's best alternative and you can manually add filters from FilterLists I had compatibility issues with Firefox Nightly, Adguard service constantly spiked to +/-20% CPU usage.

Prorootect, frogboy, Weebarra and 6 others like this.
  6. antreas

antreas Guest

7. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    I had Adguard desktop but i removed because it was slowing down my browsing speed.
    On Cent i have Adguard extension.
    On Nightly i have Adblock Ultimate because Adgurd isn't compatible with Nightly yet.
    Although ublock origin is but at the moment i don't use because it's to aggresive for my taste.
    As you can see Adguard is my favorite adblocker at the moment.
    When a new version of the Adguard desktop is released i will try it out again to see if the problems i have seen lately are gone.

Faybert, frogboy, Weebarra and 8 others like this.
  8. gin

gin Level 5

Jan 16, 2014
    Windows 7
    ESET
    ublock origin, but switching to opera built in adblock and i'm very like it :)

9. L S

L S Level 5

Jul 16, 2014
    Windows 10
    Avast
    uBlock Origin (with adguard and disconnect filters) + uBlock Origin Extra

frogboy, Weebarra, venustus and 5 others like this.
  10. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I understand the risks of not using an adblocker but my computer's resources are garbage as is. For my computer, ironically using an adblocker messes with my computer more than not using one. :p

11. askalan

askalan Level 9
    AV Tester

Jul 27, 2017
    Germany
    Linux
    Doctor Web
    AdGuard DNS + uBlock Origin + NoScript. I can't select more than two blockers so I didn't voted.

12. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    uBlock Origin accompanied by NoScript

frogboy, Marko :), Weebarra and 2 others like this.
  13. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    #13 Sunshine-boy, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    AdGuard for win>all kind of Adblockers:notworthy:Because of a lot of features it has...Also if you are expert you can write your scripts.
    I cant do it but I can use scripts that made by others:giggle:.

14. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 15

Jan 16, 2017
    SSD
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    Adguard desktop and ublock origin. In adguard, limited filters enabled, https filtering and GUI startup disabled. Using 2 different adblocks didn't slow down my internet as I was expecting.

15. 212eta

212eta Level 7

May 11, 2011
    Windows Desktop
    Windows 10
    Isolation
  16. amir 957

amir 957 Level 4

Jan 9, 2017
    Iran
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I prefer uBlock origin

L S and tonibalas like this.
  17. browneylad

browneylad Level 2

Sep 27, 2017
    service
    India
    Windows 7
    Webroot
    I use 4 adblockers together, been using ublock origin, adguard & privacy badger then recently started using tunnelbear blocker in chrome. Bit overkill is not it esp considering how privacy badger works? Chrome does get a little slow but it still runs better than my firefox, which has ublock+adguard but absolutely crawl. Our Indian news sites are filled with ads so I use several together. I do try out new extensions frequently.

18. L S

L S Level 5

Jul 16, 2014
    Windows 10
    Avast
    In uBlock Origin you can put All Filters ON (from adguard, adblock, adblock plus, disconnect and many many more) soo you won't need this much AdBlock's Extensions in One Browser together, they use to much memory, = the uBlock Origin will do All the Job, = For Very Little Memory Usage than Before. Greteengs. :)

19. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Level 8
    Content Creator

May 13, 2017
    Postal Worker
    Slovakia
    Windows 10
    Adguard DNS only, because extensions slow down loading webpages, they have to filter them before releasing.

Prorootect and Sunshine-boy like this.