Advice Request Adaptive Defence 360

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
It will and it does. It's a dynamic environment. Sick people are getting analysis results on flash memory and cds, all with different apps. There's not an IT department in the world that will FIRST invite the patient to their PC and whitelist the app, propagate the changes and send the patient back to the doctor. I work at one of those institutes, i know.
It really depends on the type of security app that is used. Every type of situation is different, so there is a choice of what type of security software is best suited for each particular case. In hospitals, I presume it has different configurations on how to handle matters of security. So, again, it depends on the IT department that has control over these matters. Panda Adaptive Defense, Kaspersky' Endpoint Security, etc., might not be suitable with that kind of environment, so the IT department must choose a security software that suits the hospital environment. :)

It's not one size, fits all, after all. :) I'm not saying that there won't be problems. There will be. But the security software must always be suited to the specific type of environment.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
These are the challenges with exisiting app whitelisting based products..
Thats why PAD360 allows IT admin to define different policy for different departments or individual..then it also allows IT admin to allow any apps that's block through Cloud. You can set exclusion as well...all done through cloud. You dont have to do anything at the user level. Just let it sync and do the changes.

Example of a policy

Firewall Policy settings from the cloud

Device Control settings from the cloud

Web Access Control

You can split the settings by dept

You can move a computer from another policy folder to another policy folder.

I found a very detailed technical specs of how Panda Adaptive Defense 360 works.... here

Adaptive Defense Model

EVent Analysis

ok...I think this is too much...but you can read it for yourself here
http://pandasecurity.ir/files/documents/ADAPTIVEDEFENSE-manual-EN 1.2.pdf
Not sure if it is outdated or there is a new updated available.

My dear friend, i cannot and will not use whitelist firewalls in these environments. I read the capabilities of Panda yesterday. It's adaptive until it isn't (pretty please don't try to further explain how good it is <- for me). Thank you :)

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
Found this in slideshare....this is their security model...
upload_2017-3-28_0-30-22.png

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
It really depends on the type of security app that is used. Every type of situation is different, so there is a choice of what type of security software is best suited for each particular case. In hospitals, I presume it has different configurations on how to handle matters of security. So, again, it depends on the IT department that has control over these matters. Panda Adaptive Defense, Kaspersky' Endpoint Security, etc., might not be suitable with that kind of environment, so the IT department must choose a security software that suits the hospital environment. :)

It's not one size, fits all, after all. :) I'm not saying that there won't be problems. There will be. But the security software must always be suited to the specific type of environment.

So true and so challenging :)

Reactions: XhenEd

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
My dear friend, i cannot and will not use whitelist firewalls in these environments. I read the capabilities of Panda yesterday. It's adaptive until it isn't (pretty please don't try to further explain how good it is <- for me). Thank you :)

hahaha...ok..but you are in Panda's thread now my friend.

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
But as the ransomware threats are getting more advance and sophisticated....more hospitals and colleges are being targeted attacks victim. Just look at the news around us. End Points are the most targeted...with the new doxware going to be a hit in the future....backups will be utterly useless... all you need is prevention through effective Application Whitelisting.. We no longer worry about data being encrypted...soon we will worry about sensitive information being exposed to the public. So yeah, whatever the security suite we deployed to our servers and endpoints....make sure it can do prevention.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
But as the ransomware threats are getting more advance and sophisticated....more hospitals and colleges are being targeted attacks victim. Just look at the news around us. End Points are the most targeted...with the new doxware going to be a hit in the future....backups will be utterly useless... all you need is prevention through effective Application Whitelisting.. We no longer worry about data being encrypted...soon we will worry about sensitive information being exposed to the public.

It is indeed, that is why i constantly research on security software (excluding whitelisting firewalls :p)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
It is indeed, that is why i constantly research on security software (excluding whitelisting firewalls :p)
:confused::D ok ok..whatever my friend....hehehe...I am sure there is out there.o_O:eek::D

By the way...you keep saying firewall...Firewall is for Network related security perimeter...and not for viruses.

Last edited:
R

Rodney74

Well today I thought I'd try something with a white list / cloud, something with signatures, and 2 way firewall, and Zemana to cover the rear...

So I installed Gdata Total Security, it has -2 way firewall, Immunet has cloud/whitelist, and Zemana Anti Malware.

Runs very fast on my i7-4820k with 32g Ram, and SSD

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
Well today I thought I'd try something with a white list / cloud, something with signatures, and 2 way firewall, and Zemana to cover the rear...

So I installed Gdata Total Security, it has -2 way firewall, Immunet has cloud/whitelist, and Zemana Anti Malware.

Runs very fast on my i7-4820k with 32g Ram, and SSD

Wow...Sounds interesting. Would like to see it in action against new nasty zero day virus :);)

francis de lorraine

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
[QUOTE = "Emmanuellws, poste: 613222, membre: 60108"] Wow ... Ça a l' air intéressant. Aimeriez - vous voir en action contre les nouveaux virus méchant jour zéro :);)[/ QUOTE]

bonjour, définitivement l retourné à la sécurité norton car il protège efficiation surtout leur sonar (proactivité)

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
[QUOTE = "Emmanuellws, poste: 613222, membre: 60108"] Wow ... Ça a l' air intéressant. Aimeriez - vous voir en action contre les nouveaux virus méchant jour zéro :);)[/ QUOTE]

bonjour, définitivement l retourné à la sécurité norton car il protège efficiation surtout leur sonar (proactivité)

Well then, welcome back to Norton Security hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.