_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I did some Digging for current info, heres what I found on the Lavasoft official site:
QUOTE:
Complementing its proprietary anti-spyware technology with one of the best antivirus engines available today (Bitdefender), Ad-Aware 11 features a packed, lean and powerful anti-malware solution, without the conflicts or slow-downs typically associated with running multiple security programs. END
Source: Ad-Aware Free Antivirus and Antispyware by Lavasoft | Protection from Virus, Spyware & Malware | Top Internet Security for Windows

D: Where did you see 2012?
That's the date that was shown when i loaded the page.
It seems to be current reguardless ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I did some Digging for current info, heres what I found on the Lavasoft official site:
QUOTE:
Complementing its proprietary anti-spyware technology with one of the best antivirus engines available today (Bitdefender), Ad-Aware 11 features a packed, lean and powerful anti-malware solution, without the conflicts or slow-downs typically associated with running multiple security programs. END
Source: Ad-Aware Free Antivirus and Antispyware by Lavasoft | Protection from Virus, Spyware & Malware | Top Internet Security for Windows

Almost sure then that they still use the Bitdefender engine, anytime I'll ask in the Lavasoft forum

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It's a good thing that they use Bitdefender engine. At least Adaware will have a more or less good detection rate, and being able to compete in the antivirus/anti-malware industry.

Last edited:

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Today, it began to show me an update window (forgot to make a print screen), that takes me here:

adaware antivirus update

Downloading antivirus free installation comes with the same version installed in pc and i don't know where is the update !!! o_O

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Today, it began to show me an update window (forgot to make a print screen), that takes me here:

adaware antivirus update

Downloading antivirus free installation comes with the same version installed in pc and i don't know where is the update !!! o_O

But did you download the installer from the new version? Because it's strange, it was for him to upgrade to the new version, which is 12

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
But did you download the installer from the new version? Because it's strange, it was for him to upgrade to the new version, which is 12

You didn't understand well,

This is the version installed:
Version Installed.PNG

And it asks to install this one:
Version_to_Update.PNG

But visited the web site and didn't see anything to do the update!!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.