Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi again guys. A new war :p. I can't decide between these two adblockers for Chrome.

- Adblock:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=es

- Adblock Plus:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=es

It seems that Adblock is developed originally for Chrome, and Adblock Plus had more problems for adapt it (it comes from Firefox version and it was beta until few months)

Domelo

Level 1
Verified
Feb 18, 2014
Sorry... I mean it not has daily updates (sorry for the inconvenience)

Edit: testing Adguard. Nice interface, light resources, but it's not a plugin. You have to install as an application. I set Adguard and visited some webs... but is far from the effectiveness of Adblock (not blocks many ads), even in not "dangerous" sites.

I usually work 12+ hours online and never had any such issue with this ad blocking software. I don't know what sites do you visit where you're unable to get those ads blocked. I'll appreciate if you could cite few of those sites here so that we could also try and get the real picture. What do you think? I think it's gonna be a great experience :)

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
No problems mate. Try "elpais.com" (spanish newspaper) with Adguard and Adblock, or "newpct.com" (torrent site).

Domelo

Level 1
Verified
Feb 18, 2014
No problems mate. Try "elpais.com" (spanish newspaper) with Adguard and Adblock, or "newpct.com" (torrent site).

As per your request. I opened the sites while keeping my AdGuard - Adblock extension open and found no ads at all on the site. Please have a look at the screenshot here: http://www.screencast.com/t/7VeqdUEJXPB. I hope it's gonna help! If you still have any issue, you can checkout the settings. Maybe there would be some problem.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
If you look further down the page you will see an advertisement from Ingdirect that Adward does not block. Anyway, monday in my laptop i can upload some pictures.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014

Edit: testing Adguard. Nice interface, light resources, but it's not a plugin. You have to install as an application. I set Adguard and visited some webs... but is far from the effectiveness of Adblock (not blocks many ads), even in not "dangerous" sites.
Can u plz google adguard adblocker for chrome & c it is a pluggin also and extension.

Reactions: Venustus and Domelo

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Wrong..... There is one in Chrome Web Store
avg8IFD.png

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks ;). When i searched this plugin in Google i I did not get any results about a plugin. I'll test it comparing against Adblock with some captures.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I'm testing the plugin and I'm having a nice surprise. Incredibily, it works better than the filter Adward installed this morning :confused:. The best thing is that loads faster than ABP or Adblock + pages and it's really lightweight. I need more time to try it .... but I'm surprised. I will comment my experience in the coming days.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Yesss. It's very odd. This morning on my laptop installing the filter, the difference was remarkable ... I will continue doing tests

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
As per your request. I opened the sites while keeping my AdGuard - Adblock extension open and found no ads at all on the site. Please have a look at the screenshot here: http://www.screencast.com/t/7VeqdUEJXPB. I hope it's gonna help! If you still have any issue, you can checkout the settings. Maybe there would be some problem.
ok will do.You can also go into adguard setting & update it once a day or week.

Reactions: Venustus and Domelo

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Really odd...

With Adguard app installed (no plugin). Revised all settings and they seem OK, but...

upload_2014-3-8_1-34-51.png

and now with Adguard app uninstalled and only the plugin for Chrome
upload_2014-3-8_1-36-23.png

Really i don't understand why the plugin is working so well and the app so bad...

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Really odd...

With Adguard app installed (no plugin). Revised all settings and they seem OK, but...

View attachment 8702

and now with Adguard app uninstalled and only the plugin for Chrome
View attachment 8703

Really i don't understand why the plugin is working so well and the app so bad...
How do u mean cause i don't experience any problems on my side.:cool:

Reactions: Venustus

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I have the same problem in my laptop and my PC... I posted this issue in Wilderssecurity for getting some feedback. Thanks Terry.

Edit: maybe Emsisoft Antimalware has some incompatibility with Adguard...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.