Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Already edited my post: I'm now sure that the adguard extension(free) only hides adverts, thus no bandwith savings.
But I have now a Premium license(lifetime) for Adguard. Seen the codes in the wilderssecurity. I didn't have to pay for it. :D

Oh nice. :)

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
That isn't even a adblocker.
Yes, it can be, if you configure it well. It can also be an anti-tracker, and there are even some settings to enhance your privacy.
If you say this, that means you haven't tried it. Besides, since one of the latest version, there is a post-install sort of Wizard to help you having a good start, so that you have a basis to customize according to your needs

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, it can be, if you configure it well. It can also be an anti-tracker, and there are even some settings to enhance your privacy.
If you say this, that means you haven't tried it.
Its too hard to configure.... Could you teach me how to configure?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
M

MalwareT

Thread author
My download speed was before AdGuard 700Kb - 1.2 MB/s , but with AdGuard 40kb - 120 kb o_O:eek:. Unfortunately i removed AdGuard and i'm using AdBlock Plus . Good old ABP :).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Does Adguard extension(the free one) on Chrome removes adverts? Or does it only hide them?
The description on Chrome extension says it does remove adverts, but its official site says otherwise.

Edit: I'm now sure that the adguard extension(free) only hides adverts, thus no bandwith savings.
But I have now a Premium license(lifetime) for Adguard. Seen the codes in the wilderssecurity. I didn't have to pay for it. :D
Adguard for Chrome only hides advertisments, but Adguard for Opera actually blocks them:
"The ad gets hidden but is still loaded onto the computer" -Chrome
"Extension works fast and effective – it fully removes ads from the page even before the website is fully downloaded. This reduces the time of awaiting and makes your work in the Internet more comfortable and safe." -Opera

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hint: For those who want a free premium/lifetime license, look for them in the Adguard thread at wilderssecurity. It's legal, I think, because it's given by Adguard staff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.