AdBlockPlus or AdGuard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Since I installed 360 TS, then I decided to uninstall AdGuard to trim down the boot time.
okey why you need 360 TS?? i mean isn't 360 IS enough .............. if you are in windows 8.1 you dont have to use any system optimizers its not necessary

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
okey why you need 360 TS?? i mean isn.t 360 IS enough .............. if you are in windows 8.1 you dont have to use any system optimizers its not necessary
I'm not using its system optimizer, the reason why I installed it is because of Avira's engine. :D But honestly, there's no slow downs when I'm using 360 IS even AdGuard is installed.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
lol After refreshing my system, i install again adguard from same expired giveaway & now license reset to 6 months untill December, previous was November :D:D

Reactions: XhenEd and MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
@software182, is it light still?

Here is screenshot how much memory uses (plugin which is free) :

Izrezak.png

M

MalwareT

Thread author
I mean, is it recommended to use Adblock Plus and Adguard at the same time?

If you mean on name on picture (marked), that's same plugin. I dont understand why someone should have ABP and AdGuard at same time because they are doing same function.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
i have 8Gigs of RAM, it doesn't matter for me to use both :p

I guess so, but still there just is no reason to use both. Even with 8GB would it not feel better if things go smoother. Why use a extension that is heavier in memory use if Adguard does the same thing with less memory and also seems to do it better in my opinion.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
I guess so, but still there just is no reason to use both. Even with 8GB would it not feel better if things go smoother. Why use a extension that is heavier in memory use if Adguard does the same thing with less memory and also seems to do it better in my opinion.

nope, there's a reason behind that, adguard sometimes fail to block ads on bayproxy. FYI, i don't feel "heavy" by using this both extension.

Reactions: MalwareT

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013

Thanks for sharing Moose, and Thank You @Malware Security for your 'unplanned review'!:cool: Truly, watching your youtube video became a mortar for the bricks laid here in the form of so many members' positive impressions of Adguard. I feel it's cement hardening to my Chrome browser for the duration of our foreseeable future. So,
..THANKS!!:D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
i use µblock :D

...U-block in the right hand is hard to beat!
images
*Oops,:oops: the IMAGE of a menacing Darth Vader, towering from above:eek: while brandishing his red light saber, *disappeared* might have been excessive (copyright infringement?:() in my wish to elicit smiles.:D (..my apologies;)) *..but now he's back again! Hooray!!:D

Last edited:

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
nope, there's a reason behind that, adguard sometimes fail to block ads on bayproxy. FYI, i don't feel "heavy" by using this both extension.

Well this can and does happen with Adblock as well, no adblock software is 100% fail proof. Sooner or later we will encounter a website where the adblocker we use does not automatically block a add. And the people behind those adblockers know this, it is why most adblocker have a possibility to add a advert like that to our userlist. :)

But if the method you use right now works well for you, then why not. :)

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
AdBlock Plus on Firefox and µBlock for Chrome. I've been trialling AdGuard for Windows quite extensively and so far I have found zero benefits. If anything, it was a bit slower with AdGuard. It just makes me wonder why people are willing to spend some serious dough on this. In my opinion this is the most overrated piece of software I have come across in a long time and the pricing is just plain ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.