Add-On for Windows Firewall 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Can someone recommend, some good add on for Windows Firewall 8.1, basically something like Tinywall or Notifier which lets me manage and view my connection.

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers!

M

MalwareT

Thanks, that add-on looks perfect. Thanks for the prompt reply. Binisoft feels like Tinywall basically, i hate setting rules on most of the basic stuff to much time consuming. :)

If it's this what you wanted, then you can mark as best answer (if it exists) and moderators can lock thread.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I use (at the moment) Windows 8 Firewall Control.
It blocks all your programs at first and then you choose (only once) for every program (who wants to connect to the net) to allow or not.

Clipboard01.png
Clipboard02.png
Clipboard03.png
Clipboard04.png

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
I use (at the moment) Windows 8 Firewall Control.
It blocks all your programs at first and then you choose (only once) for every program (who wants to connect to the net) to allow or not.

Ya that looks quite good, but it also does what Tiny wall and Binisoft does lock all access at first then you allow what application you feel fit, it's a hassle to unblock all the core apps which i usually use. Are there any more add-on? which like don't block everything when you first install it? Thanks for the information though, i'll surely check it out and see if it's to my liking.

P.S. Sorry guys, been a while since i've been on the forum and i am still getting used to the new style. Apologies for posting in the wrong section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.