Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: AdguardTeam/AdguardBrowserExtension

The main change in this version is the experimental "scriptlets" support. "Scriptlet" is a JavaScript function that provides extended capabilities for content blocking. These functions can be used in a declarative manner in AdGuard filtering rules. AdGuard maintains its own scriptlets library, please report any issues there. Also, if you have an idea of a useful scriptlet we could implement, please feel free to open a feature request.

AdGuard supports three types of scriptlets syntax:
  • #%#//scriptlet- AdGuard scriptlets syntax
  • ##+js (uBO-compatible)
  • #$# (Adblock Plus snippets)
What it means is that AdGuard is able to understand rules built for both uBO and ABP. You can learn what is supported from this compatibility table.

Other changes --- Ad blocking
  • [Changed] Rules converter is used now for :style rules
  • [Fixed] JS rules don't work in Edge browser
Network
  • [Fixed] "Send statistics..." option causes the tab to hang on certain websites
  • [Fixed] BlockWebRTC option does not work in Yandex Browser
  • [Fixed] Issues with Kiwi Browser
  • [Improved] Code refactoring
UI
  • [Changed] In case of rule conversion, the original rule text is displayed now in the filtering log
  • [Changed] Localizations have been updated
  • [Fixed] Extended CSS rules logging issue
  • [Fixed] Filter categories checkboxes are missing in new Edge browser
  • [Fixed] Request Info popup doesn't disappear when another tab gets opened
  • [Fixed] Syntax highlighting issues
Other
  • [Changed] Uninstall page URL has been set

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
[Fixed] BlockWebRTC option does not work in Yandex Browser
I reported it a month ago and they fixed it?! I can not believe it, a company that actually listens to users. They replied back, but I thought, that it was a typical polite reply. Anyway, you have to toggle it off and back on again, to get it working, it will ask for user's permission to change privacy settings.

Attachments

• capture_05302019_211709.jpg
    capture_05302019_211709.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 502

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I played with prevent window open, prevent bab and prevent popupads net on troublesome websites and it worked well

Reactions: oldschool

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
incompatibility with all ublock origin's rules kills this extension for me
just installed this extension and tried to add some filter lists to it
- many filters could not be added despite correct URLs or getting straight from the developers' websites (adversity, for example)
- misreading of rules and chaos: when I added URLhaus filters, adguard misread 1 rule as "ttp" and adguard blocked every website I visited (because all websites contain http or https)

submitted the problem to the developers and immediately uninstalled the extension

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
For the record, card payment might fail, if adguard's stealth filter is enabled. I entered card details, was redirected to bank's webpage, entered SMS code and afterwards received the message, that the payment has failed. So before paying, I disable: adguard, cachekiller and cookieautodelete.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
That is why I prefer browser extensions. I use two user profiles in Edge-chromium, one with maximum security and privacy settings for browser and extension settings for surfing and one with maximum compatibility settings for online buying and banking.

extensions in both user profiles are the same, so switching causes minimal delay (already in memory). This approach only costs memory since extensions are loaded twice (for each user profile).

No need for tweaking to find best balance between useability and privacy/security.

It is a best of both worlds approach.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.