AdGuard - better than AdMuncher and Adblock

Which add blocker is better: AdGuard , AdMuncher or Adblock ?

• AdGuard - adguard.com

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • AdMuncher - admuncher.com

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Adblock - adblockplus.org

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Sure. :)

You are right, unfortunately there is no version for Linux at the moment. :(

P.S. New version came out! New languages have been added - Russian, Japanese, Portguese, German, Spanish and Serbian. First post has been edited.

Although many of the posts refer specifically to the full programs installed on systems, I've just installed the AdGuard extension;) which seems to work fine with Google Chrome in linux lubuntu.:cool: I've Adblock (disabled) and will report my thoughts on how the extensions compared after more time to consider.:D

Update: AdGuard works well! I was impressed most by it's ease with updates. Subscriptions manually update with 1 click as does uBlock. After all the talk of lightness versus use of resources, it's simply the UI and ease of updates I find most varying. Similar is deciding which browsers we favour most. Our Firefox browser blocks Ads with Adblock Plus & Adblock Edge respectively in an @Littlebits -like fashion. Admuncher will need to regain some of it's former following before I'd jump (.. or munch) ship for their optional extension .:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.