Serious Discussion AdGuard Desktop for Windows -- Tips and Tricks

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Can you check if the Adguard desktop app still slows down the connection? they must have improved it in the last two years since this discussion, there is a nice offer on stacksocial which brings down the price for Family Plan Lifetime version to $16 after coupon.
I never had the slowdown problem. The difference with Adguard on or off wasn't noticeable but the version of two years ago did have some conflicts with other security software. The best bet would be to try it on your computer. It conflicted with both Kaspersky and Bitdefender at some point, for instance but that was eventually fixed.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Can you check if the Adguard desktop app still slows down the connection? they must have improved it in the last two years since this discussion, there is a nice offer on stacksocial which brings down the price for Family Plan Lifetime version to $16 after coupon.
Things have improved a lot. Even I grabbed a lifetime Standard license a couple of weeks ago from an online shop in my country in case the MV3 version of adblocking extensions don't fulfill my needs.
The current beta version of Adguard for Windows runs faster than the stable version for me.
I still notice a slight delay but it's acceptable. I won't recommend using it with an AV that also does HTTPS scanning. It slows down browsing speed significantly in my experience. Adguard & Kaspersky both like to use CPU too. It's wise to let only one product do HTTPS scanning and in this case Adguard.
I hope Adguard can make further improvements to reduce CPU usage. This is one area where I'm not fully satisfied yet.
But yeah, if you can get a family plan lifetime license for only $16 then go for it.

Virtuoso

Level 2
Feb 21, 2022
I never had the slowdown problem. The difference with Adguard on or off wasn't noticeable but the version of two years ago did have some conflicts with other security software. The best bet would be to try it on your computer. It conflicted with both Kaspersky and Bitdefender at some point, for instance but that was eventually fixed.

Thanks for the feedback. I have bought a lifetime family license.
Things have improved a lot. Even I grabbed a lifetime Standard license a couple of weeks ago from an online shop in my country in case the MV3 version of adblocking extensions don't fulfill my needs.
The current beta version of Adguard for Windows runs faster than the stable version for me.
I still notice a slight delay but it's acceptable. I won't recommend using it with an AV that also does HTTPS scanning. It slows down browsing speed significantly in my experience. Adguard & Kaspersky both like to use CPU too. It's wise to let only one product do HTTPS scanning and in this case Adguard.
I hope Adguard can make further improvements to reduce CPU usage. This is one area where I'm not fully satisfied yet.
But yeah, if you can get a family plan lifetime license for only $16 then go for it.

Thanks for the feedback, my plan is also the same, I bought it to use it in the future if required. Adguard lifetime family plan for $16 is an insane deal. I have posted the coupon etc in the deals thread:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.