Umbra

Level 25
Verified
It may have slowed his browsing down by a few milliseconds. Not an issue for 99% of people, but he cares about things like that.
And in the meantime, he goes through the hassle of setup a Pi-Hole server with 1 million block rules...
Me? Adguard , cost me 30$ lifetime, 5mn install and setup, works both on my PC and Android devices, do the job as well, and at least i won't see myself carrying my Pi-Hole server with me. LOL

There is always some dudes criticizing and looking down some very useful and popular apps because they like show off a fancy and unorthodox (and often more complicated) method to do the same...

Handsome Recluse

Level 22
Verified
And in the meantime, he goes through the hassle of setup a Pi-Hole server with 1 million block rules...
1579843568668.png

Pretty sure pihole's less unorthodox than Adguard and you can use a VPN to connect to your pihole.

If it's that fast it shouldn't affect his connection whasoever, like mine.
Maybe his internet is so fast that anything less has become slow.

Me? Adguard , cost me 30$ lifetime, 5mn install and setup, works both on my PC and Android devices, do the job as well, and at least i won't see myself carrying my Pi-Hole server with me. LOL
Makes sense for him though. He complains about some antivirus slowing down his internet and pihole also affects Linux or whatever unannounced distro he uses.

SeriousHoax

Level 18
Verified
Malware Tester
But it does actually slow things down. Like i said, more so if you add some additional filters. Adguard itself warns that things would be slower. The default filters are fine for adblocking but to completely get rid of a browser side extension I need to add two three annoyance filters, frogeye's first party trackers and then it becomes too much for Adguard.