Advice Request Adguard Extension issues - Chrome and Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
For those who use Adguard Browser extension on Chrome or Firefox, beware of the following:
If you try to add a custom filter (i.e Steven Black hosts) and enable it, shortly after when you load a page it will then stop working and the browser becomes "frozen".

I opened an issue on Github about this:

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
No activity yet in Github. if any Adguard user in MT can recreate same issue, i suggest posting on the open issue in github (refer to previous post).

Either way, until they fix this issue, I will not use the extension and have already reverted to uBlock Origin.

Upvote 0

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
They seem to have closed the issue on github.

This was the answer on github from Adguard Team:

1599657808637.png

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
looks like they answered but then why exactly do we have custom filter option in the extension? ill respond on github accordingly.

Safe to say I will continue to use UBlock Orgin since that extension does suppor custom filters.

I have Adguard lifetime license but I do not want to have it use constant resources.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.