• Start date

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
SoLenny_at_GitHub said:
Remember how we added scriptlets support? Scriptlets are mini-prgrams that allow us to modify how the code of the web page behaves. For example, this helps AdGuard block anti-ad blockers. To save you time, let’s just say we made this instrument stronger, which will allow AdGuard to circumvent anti-ad blockers better (and will help in some other cases).

In the thread what is the best Adblocker, I (correctly) assumed that even advanced users nearly never write their own rules AND probably zero power users have figured out how to change the appearance (with CSS syntax) or functionaliy (mostly locking anti adblock scripts by injecting scriptlets into the page visited) of websites using the advanced options.

Obviously SoLenny (from Adguard) also assumes that this is abakadabra/not understood by the majority of power users (assuming no ordinary PC user will browser GitHub for information of new releases of open source software).

So there are basically two types of blocklist writers: the easy (simple) ones writing old fashioned adblock syntax and the advanced anti-adblock blocklist writers who use all those (super) advanced options.

The latter (the advanced options) will certainly be killed by Google Chrome Manifest 3, because this relates directly to Google's main source of income: advertisements on the web. Manifest 3 is a gift from heaven for Adguard (because they offer a paid desktop version).

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Nope, just a poor student. Would I use a 10 year old laptop and work as part-time cook when I was an (Adguard) developer like SoLenny?

;)

-

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Nope, just a poor student. Would I use a 10 year old laptop and work as part-time cook when I was an (Adguard) developer like SoLenny?

;)

-

my son just bought a place but is looking for a full time cook. I am taking a sushi making class soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.