Adguard v6 RC2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
This Is definitely the worth every penny product which every pc have i must say. i have it about six months and its awesome.

Reactions: frogboy

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
I mean by 'ignoring' tiles with only the smooth colorful background. I used the word 'Negating' as the suffix form of 'Negation'.

Ah, got it:) BG is not an image, but I can tell you the gradient properties.

Here is how it looks like in code:
Code:
   <LinearGradientBrush x:Key="ContentBackgroundBrush" StartPoint="1,0" EndPoint="0,5">
        <GradientStop Offset="0" Color="#1f666a" />
       <GradientStop Offset="0.2" Color="#7db897" />
    </LinearGradientBrush>

Start point: right-top corner
End point: left-bottom corner plus (5 * content height)

D

Deleted member 2913

I always disable HTTPS filtering in security products, etc...

Adguard too enables HTTPS filtering by default.
I disabled HTTPS filtering & ads were not blocked in HTTPS sites like kickass torrent site, etc...
And with HTTPS filtering enabled my portable Firefox gave error something like unsecured ...... for sites. Disabling HTTPS filtering solved the issue.

But disabling HTTPS filtering doesn't blocks ads on HTTPS sites, right? And enabling HTTPS filtering installs Adguard personal certificates, right?

I think am better with uBlock Origin...no certificates install & blocks ads on HTTPS & all.

H

hjlbx

I always disable HTTPS filtering in security products, etc...

Adguard too enables HTTPS filtering by default.
I disabled HTTPS filtering & ads were not blocked in HTTPS sites like kickass torrent site, etc...
And with HTTPS filtering enabled my portable Firefox gave error something like unsecured ...... for sites. Disabling HTTPS filtering solved the issue.

But disabling HTTPS filtering doesn't blocks ads on HTTPS sites, right? And enabling HTTPS filtering installs Adguard personal certificates, right?

I think am better with uBlock Origin...no certificates install & blocks ads on HTTPS & all.

@avatar needs to answer this one.

Need technical infos...

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
@hjlbx, here you are.

Personally, I think that Adguard's HTTPs filtering does not lowers your security, but such things are worth checking before using the product. AG certificate is unique and generated on install (and then you can re-generate it in one click), we are keeping eye on all the news about SSL/TLS and react promptly on any new SSL vulnerability.

There're two more important things about it:
1. In Adguard you can exclude any website from SSL filtering. We also have a default SSL exclusions list filled with banking/financial websites like paypal.
2. You can disable SSL filtering for the websites with Extended Validation certificates.

We can't install our certificate to portable Firefox, it should be done manually:
Connection is not trusted - Firefox - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Yep, you're right.

H

hjlbx

@hjlbx, here you are.

Personally, I think that Adguard's HTTPs filtering does not lowers your security, but such things are worth checking before using the product. AG certificate is unique and generated on install (and then you can re-generate it in one click), we are keeping eye on all the news about SSL/TLS and react promptly on any new SSL vulnerability.

1. In Adguard you can exclude any website from SSL filtering. We also have a default SSL exclusions list filled with banking/financial websites like paypal.
2. You can disable SSL filtering for the websites with Extended Validation certificates.

We can't install our certificate to portable Firefox, it should be done manually:

Yep, you're right.

@avatar

If user banks at website not on built-in list of financial websites, where can they submit URL for inspection and inclusion by Adguard ?

You should also note proper procedure for disabling Stealth Mode.

I am having troubles with Stealth Mode and my bank, even after disabling (have to completely uninstall AG).

Heh, heh... have been trying to get your attention on this one all over the place @avatar...

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
@hjlbx, yeah, I've noticed it:) Answered you on wilders and on our forum: try clearing browser cache.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
If user banks at website not on built-in list of financial websites, where can they submit URL for inspection and inclusion by Adguard ?

You can report it anywhere, even right here:)

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
So after disable Stealth Mode, clean browser cache before proceeding to perform online banking ?

Yep. You see, when you exit AG, it completely stops any filtering, so stealth mode cannot do anything to the website. That's why I think the problem is in the browser cache.

H

hjlbx

@avatar

Thanks bro. I will work on it.

Online banking is a pain since I have to work with the loss prevention in getting the Adguard settings right.

They do not like any type of IP address masking.

Anyhow, I will let you know...

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

I'm using this options since I start to use Adguard, but this make me and issue.

The first time I enter to EVssl website, for example github, opera give me an error:

"SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have."

But if I reload, website works with their certificate (idk if this issue is already opened by another users)

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
There're two problems with this feature now:
1. We detect EV certificate when connection is already established. So when we decide that the website should not be filtered, the only option we have is to drop the current connection and do not filter it in future.

That could be ok if we didn't have the second issue:
2. The list of SSL exceptions is cleared on every AG restart so user goes through point 1 issue again.

We'll address either first or second issue in the next major release.

Reactions: RmG152
D

Deleted member 2913

@hjlbx, here you are.

Yep, you're right.
If HTTPS filtering/Certificates install is required to block ads on HTTPS sites then Adguard is not for me.
Why certificates install/HTTPS filtering is required to block ads on HTTPS sites? How browser extensions like uBlock Origin block ads on HTTPS sites without installing certificates/HTTPS filtering?

And does uninstalling Adguard &/or disabling HTTPS filtering removes installed certificates?

H

hjlbx

@avatar

Adding website to SSL and filtering exclusions for the entire bank website does not fix the issue with Stealth Mode.

The banks states that even though I have created filtering exception for entire bank website, Stealth Mode has been disabled, and Adguard has been exited, they still cannot detect IP address.

This applies to Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome... even if I clear browser cache.

When I completely uninstall Adguard, bank can detect IP address.

Something is not quite right...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hangtooth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.