Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
6.0.146.791 RC1
Update Notification and Download

Capture.PNG

After Update
Capture2.PNG

• This version is a first release candidate for Adguard 6.0.
    There were mostly minor fixes since the latest beta. For those who didn't participate in our beta test, detailed description about release candidate can be found in our blog.

For beta testers below is the changelog since the last beta:
    [Fixed] Now you can't modify custom subscriptions. #655
    [Fixed] Browser security module and Adguard extensions now migrate correctly with update from 5.10 to 6 version. #663
    [Fixed] Main window now doesn't pop up automatically when Adguard is locked by Parental Control password. #588
    [Fixed] 'Update Success' notification is now shown after app update. #662
    [Improved] Default browser is now recognized correctly and clicking on 'What's new?' button opens the correct page. #649
    [Changed] Languages are now sorted by native names, not by English names. #656
    [Changed] 'Português do Brasil' language renamed to 'Português'. #657

Downloads: Setup.exe(~24 mb)
Source: Release 6.0.146.791 RC1 · AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows · GitHub

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Thanks so much, I was just saying yesterday that I was waiting for a stable release of 6 before trying it again! Almost there! Have 2 lifetime licenses so I can wait til it's a final release!

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Watch for bargains on the licenses - they had 50% off for black friday.

Last edited:

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Adguard is so effective in Stealth Mode that my bank is unable to determine that it is me accessing my account; they request that I do not use it when using on-line banking.

That's why stealth mode is disabled by default in this version. We can and should change it in some way. At least we should mark dangerous features like blocking all third party cookies. In fact, instead of blocking third party cookies we will implement a "Self-destructing third party cookies". For instance, let them live for 30 minutes.

H

hjlbx

That's why stealth mode is disabled by default in this version. We can and should change it in some way. At least we should mark dangerous features like blocking all third party cookies. In fact, instead of blocking third party cookies we will implement a "Self-destructing third party cookies". For instance, let them live for 30 minutes.

My post was not complaint about Stealth Mode; it was statement that Adguard is extremely effective. :D

I just disable Stealth Mode when accessing online banking.

Afterwards, I re-enable.

Reactions: CMLew and Azure
D

Deleted member 2913

WebRTC blocking is enabled by default, right?
This can also create issues with some websites, right?

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
WebRTC blocking is enabled by default, right?
This can also create issues with some websites, right?

The whole Stealth Mode module is disabled by default. But if you enable it, WebRTC is enabled also.

WebRTC now is usually used for some experiments, I've never seen serious websites relying on it.

D

Deleted member 2913

The whole Stealth Mode module is disabled by default. But if you enable it, WebRTC is enabled also.

WebRTC now is usually used for some experiments, I've never seen serious websites relying on it.
Got it.
Thanxx for the info

H

hjlbx

@avatar

Bank detects Adguard as Tor Browser - which makes me quite happy. :D

I would like to see 30-minute destruction of 3rd-party cookies as an option instead of lessening Stealth Mode's current high capabilities.

Better yet, user adds specific URL (e.g. online banking URL) to "Safe List" inside Adguard. When browser loads that webpage, Adguard detects the URL and disables Stealth Mode until the user surfs away from URL or closes the browser. After surfing away or closing browser, Stealth Mode auto-re-activates.

Reactions: Smith83
D

Deleted member 2913

@avatar

Bank detects Adguard as Tor Browser - which makes me quite happy. :D

I would like to see 30-minute destruction of 3rd-party cookies as an option instead of lessening Stealth Mode's current high capabilities.

Better yet, user adds specific URL (e.g. online banking URL) to "Safe List" inside Adguard. When browser loads that webpage, Adguard detects the URL and disables Stealth Mode until the user surfs away from URL or closes the browser. After surfing away or closing browser, Stealth Mode auto-re-activates.
Wouldn't whitelist for Stealth Mode be better than deactivating/reactivating?

H

hjlbx

Wouldn't whitelist for Stealth Mode be better than deactivating/reactivating?

It would be more convenient.

I just have to disable\re-enable when I visit\leave online banking website.

Otherwise, I use full Stealth Mode with all settings enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.