Advice Request Adobe Digital Editions and Norton Bloatware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Just a heads up. I use Adobe Digital Editions to download my library eBooks from BorrowBox. Upon installation, it background installed Norton Security (30 day trial) without any prompt and I didn't see advanced options to opt out of it when installing Adobe Digital Editions today. It uninstalled just fine and didn't leave any reminents, just don't open the program as the product hadn't activated yet but was running in he background.

Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Were you performing a clean installation, or an in-app update? + Windows or Mac? + and Region?
it background installed Norton Security (30 day trial) without any prompt and I didn't see advanced options to opt out of it.

VirusTotal: Behaviour Report
1601198420115.png

Powered up in Virtual Machine; Windows 10. Installer downloaded from Link below.

Installation of Adobe D/E.
1601198144958.png

End of installation for Adobe D/E. Launches Norton installer.
1601198649684.png

Opt-out available "No, thank you"
1601198522681.png

End of installation. No visible signs of Norton under "Recently added" in Start Menu.
1601198801386.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.