Battle Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader or Nitro PDF Reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Nitro Pdf, you have a PDF reader and creator in same time without the need of a third party apps (ghostscript,etc...)

Reactions: Kent

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
If you looking for the smallest PDF reader, give Sumatra PDF a try. It's definitely no frills, but it's very quick.

I've used both Sumatra and Foxit over the years, but I wasn't very pleased with their rendering quality. I use the free PDF-XChange Viewer. Not as light as Foxit, but quite a bit lighter than Adobe. It's full featured and the PDF's look great.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None. I use SumatraPDF for local files and Chrome has a built-in PDF viewer for online viewing, which can also Print to PDF.

You can use CutePDF, for web browsers that can't print to PDF.

Reactions: Kent

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I use Foxit because its easy to use and i use to always use Adobe but after all the security risks and how heavy it can be at times i replaced it :)

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Same as HeffeD, PDF-XChange Viewer is almost as light as Foxit [which has had it's own fair share of mild controversy over installing toolbars, etc.], which I've also used and a credit should be given to its lightness and speed. I also use NitroPDF Professional, which is pretty good, but getting too close for comfort to Adobe. Tried Nitro PDF Reader for a while, it just felt a bit "middle of the road"...

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
I.m using Foxit reader and it's great, I would use Adobe but at this point it's the most tageted company by the bad guys so I don't want want to take any risk..

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I was just using Sumatra PDF and I thought of trying out Foxit Reader again. Replaced Sumatra PDF with this one since it's just as fast and it renders better than the latter.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me Foxit Reader, beside of its an alernative PDF reader. Size of installer is really cut down unlike to Adobe Reader.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Adobe Reader has a bad reputation since Adobe failed to patch exploited bugs on time. Nitro PDF Reader offers many features but it seemed slower to me compared with Foxit. PDF-XChange Viewer and Foxit Reader are my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.