Advice Request Advice and help with Windows 10 Clean Install

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JustInTime

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 21, 2022
I want to do windows clean install because surprise update broke audio and internet on my PC. I want to ask EU users if using EU/world region will help with bloatware and Edge issue. Also any other advice for a better clean install than default Microsoft one?

Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Choosing a different region during installation won't significantly affect bloatware or Edge issues. However, you can use a tool like PC Decrapifier or Should I Remove It? after installation to remove unnecessary programs. For a better clean install, create a backup of your data, make sure you have your Windows 10 key, and download the latest drivers for your hardware. You can also consider using an ISO file for the install to avoid any unwanted software.

Reactions: Jack

JustInTime

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 21, 2022
Why not do a repair install via Windows update? Very easy to do. You can retain all apps, data and most settings.
I don't have many apps just KeePassXC, Browser, Musicbee, Obsidian and Office. Also there are new issues very frequently with this install. Used restore point last time but still having problems so thought probably clean install in 15 minutes+20 minutes setup would be better option.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I don't have many apps just KeePassXC, Browser, Musicbee, Obsidian and Office. Also there are new issues very frequently with this install. Used restore point last time but still having problems so thought probably clean install in 15 minutes+20 minutes setup would be better option.
I recently did a repair install via Windows Update and it was seamless, fast and fixed the issues I was having.

lokamoka820

Level 3
Mar 1, 2024
Try to remove the faulty update first, and the try windows troubleshooting before doing a clean install. Don't install optional updates from advanced options and stick with the stable updates.

Try DISM and SFC, they fix many issues without needing to reinstall.

If you delete needed app using 3rd party uninstaller you can reset built-in apps by running the following code in the terminal:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

F

ForgottenSeer 109138

I want to do windows clean install because surprise update broke audio and internet on my PC. I want to ask EU users if using EU/world region will help with bloatware and Edge issue. Also any other advice for a better clean install than default Microsoft one?
These are things you physically noticed, its hard telling what else was corrupted in the background. Personally I would do a wipe and clean install of windows and all drivers. Then place my applications and personal files back on after determining the stability of the clean install.

Download this tool, choose "use the tool to create installation media" and proceed from there. You will of course need a USB flash drive or DVD.

Using the method of not choosing your exact location to "trick" MS into not installing certain bloatware is not completely reliable. There is always the option of a clean/custom install to choose what gets installed but this can be daunting for average users. There are always options to uninstall unwanted bloatware once the clean install is completed either manually or via 3rd party applications.

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.