Advice Request Advice for new PC security programs

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I would add OSArmor and a backup solution.
Voodooshield could be good but do you really want to deal with a lot of alerts?
Is it gonna be a gaming machine or workstation?

Correct, depending on what the purpose off the machine, the security config should be adequate to the necessities of the user.
If is a machine for playing I just go for a security suite, without extra security programs (Fewer programs = more CPU / more ram, any program need is share off CPU use)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is strong enough alone, so from my point of view, there is no need to use VoodoShield nor OSArmor...
As said by @Minimalist just make sure to use regularly a software for data backup and your OS (Windows 10).

Protect your data, upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems safe in the knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file. Macrium Reflect supports back up to local, network, and USB drives...

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
@molhopicante: You mat create Your system config in this section Computer Security Configuration and get suggestions of the users :)

I believe the user want an attack plan before he goes to the war, you are talking about what to do when you already are in war. ;)
I think he wants to plan what he should buy for is new machine, maybe he could buy is software in Black Friday.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
you're welcome to peruse my config for some ideas...

(1) SECURITY: Complete - mkoundo's laptop security config 2020 | MalwareTips Community

giphy.gif

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

I agree with @silversurfer that Emsisoft is good enough and if coupled with a backup solution (preferably cloud backup), there is no need to keep adding on anti-executables and system hardeners. In addition, you might have a look at @Andy Ful's H_C, which closes common malware loopholes, without negatively impacting your productivity and performance.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I'm going to buy/bulid a new computer and i'm thinking install Emsisoft AM and Voodooshield.

Is enough, or do i need more/different protection?

Thanks.
If you're planning to maybe build a new computer, you must be already a savvy user. Newbies don't talk about Emsisoft or Voodooshield. What pieces of software do you have on your present computer? What do you wanna do with your new one? Work, gaming, leisure?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@molhopicante : You mat create Your system config in this section Computer Security Configuration and get suggestions of the users :)
Please follow the advice above into creating your own security configuration thread @molhopicante
I believe the user want an attack plan before he goes to the war, you are talking about what to do when you already are in war. ;)
I think he wants to plan what he should buy for is new machine, maybe he could buy is software in Black Friday.
Whilst not wrong, but if that was the case, then what's stopping everyone from asking all their "My Security Config" in General Security Discussions. Should I make this change? Can I swap Antivirus A to Antivirus B? What cleaner should I use with Suite A? etc.

Security Config threads are editable by the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.