Troubleshoot adware after update os el capitan on Mac book air

Vince64

Thread author
Nov 6, 2015
Hello,
After an OS update to el capitan on my macbookair yesterday, I got a popup on my screen and also in my browsers when trying to go online... Both of them slowing down my computer and blocking any web navigation.
(I send this from my Imac).
I have downloaded Malwarebytes and could let it run, but no result, I installed also Avira and also no virus or malware founded after complete scan.

All transfers to my iMac are going via USB sticks at this time.

Thanks for helping

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Can you take a screen shot of the popups? Maybe we can get a better look at what it is

Upvote 0

Vince64

Thread author
Nov 6, 2015
mw01.jpg
mw02.jpg

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I check the URL it looks like a legitimate website, maybe you are connecting to something other than your home router and it requires you to login? Check your network to see if you are actually on your router or another device, it could be the cause

Upvote 0

Vince64

Thread author
Nov 6, 2015
Hope it could be the reason. I checked the router, it's the good one right now and no popup or problem more than 1 hour ago.
Maybe it took a lot of time before the connection was back automaticaly, I didn't give a look on this ! No warning message also.
And so long it was'nt right, I got this from my provider. Never happens before !

Thanks for your time about this no adware or virus problem...

Upvote 0

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
HI, Could you please give us some more information? Likes
- How frequently do these popups come up?

- When do they come up?

- Do they come up just when you start, or every time you try to visit a webpage it comes up? Or it locks you from going anywhere altogether?

Reactions: Ink
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.