I spent hours trying to restore Bluetooth on my laptop after a Windows 11 update

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Sometimes, I really hate Windows. There, I said it. I’m not getting into all the reasons why I have a love-hate relationship with this fervently beloved operating system for fear of persecution. I think that coming close to being excommunicated by my colleagues, more specifically my fellow editors who are Windows diehards, is punishment enough for daring to even speak ill of it. I’m also not about to drop myself into the middle of a war without ammunition, especially since I’m not overly passionate about the whole Mac vs Windows debate. But to be blunt, the operating system makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. And, as powerful as it is, you must admit; it has its share of stability problems, seemingly endless list of worthless old keys in its registry, and random issues that pop up for no apparent reason.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Happened to me 3 times. Turned out the bluetooth devices had become one unidentified device. Reinstalling windows or even booting from another platform did not fix the issue. I finally uninstalled the unknown device and rebooted - bluetooth reappeared.

I thought it was a bluetooth adapter issue so I changed Broadcom with Intel. It happened again with the Intel adapter too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.