AdwCleaner by Xplode Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
AdwCleaner by Xplode - latest version download - install Free portable AdwCleaner to remove malwares, toolbars, PUP..

Latest version: AdwCleaner Adware Cleaner Version: v4.0.0.1 (v4.001)
SHA-256 checksum : ce934a57e123268180f6827ad1d0a9fe05cc2d05f93c240f89c2939229811c43

AdwCleaner_logo.jpg
VGEWHzI.jpg

AdwCleaner is a free portable removal tool for :
  • Adware (ads softwares)
  • PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)
  • Toolbars
  • Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)
It works with a separated Scan and Clean buttons. It can be easily uninstalled using the Uninstall button.
It's compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 in 32 & 64 bits.
Developer: Xplode

AdwCleaner GUI.jpg
m9q61s.jpg
-in French this one; ur GUI language version is of your country, I think ..

We see these buttons, under Actions:
Scan, Clean, Report, Uninstall.
- then these tabs, under Results:
Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Scheduled Tasks, Registry, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome.

This Second Opinion Malware Scanner is an must-have.

- I make download of AdwCleaner each time before the scan, so I'm sure to have the latest version .. don't use IE8 cause it is too old ..

Download page - on Home page: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner - adwcleaner_3.307.exe has 1.29 MB only.

Download page link on bleepingcomputer.com (maybe latest version .. check!): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Changelog page : http://general-changelog-team.fr/~xplode/Changelogs/CG_AdwCleaner_EN.txt

How to use AdwCleaner version 3.x : on general-changelog-team.fr : http://general-changelog-team.fr/en...oftware/313-how-to-use-adwcleaner-version-3-x

- very good software, Fast, Easy, Effective and Efficient.

- so disinfects quickly your computer - gets rid of Potentially Unwanted Softwares and Adwares.

- Updated frequently - so always effective!

Thank you, Xplode developer!

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
AdwCleaner is detected as an unsafe download by Google Chrome, just so people downloading it be aware that you'll have the "This program can harm your computer" message.

Reactions: Kent

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Haha, poor Google Chrome .. cause AdwCleaner is not the property of Google? Is Google jealous?

- sure, AdwCleaner is NOT bundled with third party softwares, and it do NOT spy on people ..

It's not that. It just happens everytime a new version of AdwCleaner is released. Even Antiviruses like avast! detects it. Same thing goes for RKill, RogueKiller, JRT, etc.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
LOL .. so it would be necessary that these famous AV - put more professionally (= faster) their updates, it seems to me ..

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
It's not that. It just happens everytime a new version of AdwCleaner is released. Even Antiviruses like avast! detects it. Same thing goes for RKill, RogueKiller, JRT, etc.
I am using Avast on one of my systems with no alert whatsoever!:)

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
then wake it - he's sleeping maybe ..

Overwhelming majority of the infected unfortunates on the forums, they are holders of Avast.

Reactions: Venustus

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
I know i already stated its a good tool, but i have to add that when i am cleaning malware for customers, i run this every time just to make sure my normal scans didn't miss anything in the browser.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
//////// v3.309 - 02/09/14 ////////
- Major database update
- False positive fixed

- But I have this FP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage

- it's legitime, you see ..

- hey, and my Secondary Start Pages are legitimes too, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.