AdwCleaner by Xplode Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer.
Using this program you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.

AdwCleaner specializes in removing:
1.Adware: Programs which have been installed that are running unwanted advertisements on your system.
2.PUP's or Potentially Unwanted Program
3.Toolbars
4.Hijacker Home page, browser and advertisment hijackers.

Version History for Adware Cleaner:
http://general-changelog-team.fr/~xplode/Changelogs/CG_AdwCleaner_EN.txt

Reactions: Kent and Xtwillight

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Very good software. Just what I was looking for.

will it detect on realtime? or Just on demand basis?

Reactions: Xtwillight

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer.
Using this program you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.

AdwCleaner specializes in removing:
1.Adware: Programs which have been installed that are running unwanted advertisements on your system.
2.PUP's or Potentially Unwanted Program
3.Toolbars
4.Hijacker Home page, browser and advertisment hijackers.

Version History for Adware Cleaner:
http://general-changelog-team.fr/~xplode/Changelogs/CG_AdwCleaner_EN.txt
Anca, do you have any own experience, recommendation or comment about the Adware Cleaner you want to share?

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Anca, do you have any own experience, recommendation or comment about the Adware Cleaner you want to share?
Aready used this software (v3.311) in the recent past and worked well.
(For unwanted:Adware/Toolbars/PUP's/Browser/Advertisment Hijackers - it is a good removal tool)

Last edited:

Shuji vax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Adware Cleaner is super lite , always inside my USB drive where ever I go. Effectively removed unwanted toolbar like GOsave.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
What I find most amazing is that no AV of today (not even MBAM) comes close to Adwcleaner when it comes to clean out those pests.
Yea, I know it is not virus, but who in their right mind like to have these kind of programs on theirs computers?
More development in this area please AV industry.

/W

Reactions: MalwareT

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Nice program, helped me clean some leftovers i even forgot i had. Thank you.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
What I find most amazing is that no AV of today (not even MBAM) comes close to Adwcleaner when it comes to clean out those pests.
Yea, I know it is not virus, but who in their right mind like to have these kind of programs on theirs computers?
More development in this area please AV industry.

/W
Avast has Browser Cleanup though.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Scan is clean here ..
- but why it notch my IE Secondary Start Pages entry in Registry: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
All are safe. So I have unchecked this FP entry ..

Kumaran

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013
phiHjAid.png

Getting rid of annoying toolbars, browser add-ons installed with or without one's consent as well as eradicating adware or hijackers from a system can be a daunting job, especially if the appropriate tools are not at hand.

To help users clean their PCs of such nuisances, utilities like AdwCleaner have been created. This particular application is quite lightweight and also a breeze to use.

The advantages of being portable

The program doesn't need installation and can be deployed from any storage device, most suitable for portable usage. Plus, it doesn't leave any traces in the Windows registry.

Scan options, reports and deletion operations
As soon as it is started, AdwCleaner immediately finds all traces of unwanted components or remnants of former installations that should be cleaned.

The results are presented in a text document so you can view in detail which files and registry keys have been detected and proposed for deletion. Pressing the 'Delete' button will start the removal process which will end with a system restart.

Close all running utilities and restart the computer to complete the process
An important note that should be seriously taken into consideration is that AdwCleaner needs all the running applications to be closed, so its highly advisable to save your work before using it. Also, the reboot that marks the end of the cleaning procedure cannot be delayed.

Remove AdwCleaner
A neat feature of this software tool is that it can 'uninstall' itself with a single mouse click. There's a dedicated button which, when pressed, will instantly delete the application from the drive it is stored on.

Clean your system from ads and malicious toolbars

AdwCleaner targets a wide variety of undesirable programs (PUP/LPI), can fend off advertisements and reverse the effects of hijacking malware which might have taken over your browser's homepage. Another example of usage, perhaps the most common for this particular software app, is browser toolbar removal.

An overall efficient removal tool

All things considered, AdwCleaner does a great job and if you ever find yourself in the situation where you need to urgently get rid of ads, toolbars and similar unwanted components, make sure you give this tool a try.

What's New in This Release:
  • Added registry keys to search :
  • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage
  • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility
Downlod

Source -Softpedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.