Products to compare
AhnLab V3 Internet Security: V3 Lite | AhnLab
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security: https://www.zonealarm.com/promotions/holidays/
Compare
Usability
Performance and System Impact
Computer protection (Antivirus engine, Heuristic engine)
Internet protection (Web Guard, Anti-Phishing, Antispam, Browser extension)
Proactive protection (Behavior blocker, HIPS, Sandbox)
Network protection (Firewall, Botnet protection)
Ransomware protection
Banking & Payments protection
Features

alakazam

Level 5
Which of the following would be better:

AhnLab V3 Internet Security (free version) + ZoneAlarm's Anti-Ransomware tool (licensed version) + OS Armor --> this would cost $16

or

ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security (licensed version; which offers ZoneAlarm's antivirus, firewall and the anti-ransomware tool included) + OS Armor --> this would cost $26

?

gery79

Level 6
Verified
taking into consideration that Ahnlab is not so famous around here and because i have used the ZA Extreme for a long time now i would definitely go with ZA without the OA because i don't see any use of it . If you are paranoid you can use a second scanner such as MBAM or HItman and you are all set

Dave Russo

Level 8
Verified
Zonealarm Extreme Security
  • 100% virus-free PC -- or your money back
  • Advanced firewall

• Identity protection

• Anti-phishing {only with Chrome browser I think}

• PC tune-up
  • This would be my choice if you have 8gb or so
  • The virus free or money back ,makes for a good ,investment
  • Honestly I have used guess work here as I have no hands on experience with Ahnlab{Google Translate leave much on there site untranslated}
  • Zone alarm offers a free trial !
  • Both have free products

alakazam

Level 5
Deinstallation is easy if you uncheck "Start with windows" , then reboot and deinstall the AV
Completely removing ZoneAlarm from a computer is definitely quite difficult for many people. I have had issues removing the anti-ransomware folder after uninstalling ZoneAlarm Extreme Security. The suite was removed, but it left on my PC a folder with many GBs of backups and random files that was very difficult to remove. I had to do some research on Google to find out how to remove the folder.

More details about this here: Update - ZoneAlarm® version 15.6.028.18012