Battle AhnLab free vs. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Compare list
AhnLab V3 Internet Security: [URL="https://www.ahnlab.com/kr/site/product/productView.do?prodSeq=8"]V3 Lite | AhnLab[/URL]
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security: [URL]https://www.zonealarm.com/promotions/holidays/[/URL]

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Which of the following would be better:

AhnLab V3 Internet Security (free version) + ZoneAlarm's Anti-Ransomware tool (licensed version) + OS Armor --> this would cost $16

or

ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security (licensed version; which offers ZoneAlarm's antivirus, firewall and the anti-ransomware tool included) + OS Armor --> this would cost $26

?

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
taking into consideration that Ahnlab is not so famous around here and because i have used the ZA Extreme for a long time now i would definitely go with ZA without the OA because i don't see any use of it . If you are paranoid you can use a second scanner such as MBAM or HItman and you are all set

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Zonealarm Extreme Security
  • 100% virus-free PC -- or your money back
  • Advanced firewall

• Identity protection

• Anti-phishing {only with Chrome browser I think}

• PC tune-up
  • This would be my choice if you have 8gb or so
  • The virus free or money back ,makes for a good ,investment
  • Honestly I have used guess work here as I have no hands on experience with Ahnlab{Google Translate leave much on there site untranslated}
  • Zone alarm offers a free trial !
  • Both have free products

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Deinstallation is easy if you uncheck "Start with windows" , then reboot and deinstall the AV
Completely removing ZoneAlarm from a computer is definitely quite difficult for many people. I have had issues removing the anti-ransomware folder after uninstalling ZoneAlarm Extreme Security. The suite was removed, but it left on my PC a folder with many GBs of backups and random files that was very difficult to remove. I had to do some research on Google to find out how to remove the folder.

More details about this here: Update - ZoneAlarm® version 15.6.028.18012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.