AirVPN leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

With location service on in Windows settings and AirVPN on, it also shows my real location in Weather.com when clicked section "FIND ME", and same for any browser if the webpage is granted my location access. I usually have location service disabled in Windows, as well as whenever webpage in EDGE requests my location in the meddle lower bottom, I click "No"
chrome.PNG edge.PNG firefox.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: upnorth

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
*Not using AirVPN

But I opened Edge (private mode) with my VPN enabled and it never detected my real IP. And I do keep location services turned on Windows but NO default location.

In Windows settings, Privacy settings (location) I would make sure you don't have a default location set, and clear your location history.

Reactions: upnorth

boredog

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
ScreenHunter_85 Dec. 26 11.06.jpg
Ok I think I have it. Besides turning off location in Windows privacy setting, I found the spot in Edge settings to clear a bunch of stuff and then set it to do it automatic when closing Edge.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
View attachment 176926 Ok I think I have it. Besides turning off location in Windows privacy setting, I found the spot in Edge settings to clear a bunch of stuff and then set it to do it automatic when closing Edge.
So it's cookies and not leaking? They just grab it when you are off the vpn i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.