Basic Security Allego's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Apr 29, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Provided by XFinity
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender
VS CyberLock
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
DefenderUI with Aggressive Profile
CyberLock Always On mode Aggressive
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Secure DNS
Cloudflare Gateway
Desktop VPN
ProtonVPN
Password and passkey manager
ProtonPass
Maintenance tools
Windows Built-in tools
File and photo backups
Flash Drive
Subscriptions
    • Google AI Pro (formerly Google One AI Premium)
System recovery
Using WIndows Create a recovery drive into my flash drive
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Acer Predator
Intel i7-10750H
NVIDIA RTX 2060
16GB
SSD 512GB
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

Nice config! Tho you don't need to enable LOLBins + recommended as H_c recommended is just a smaller collection of all the LOLBins.
 
Nice config! Tho you don't need to enable LOLBins + recommended as H_c recommended is just a smaller collection of all the LOLBins.
Okay thanks for letting me know. Though I did clicked both so far no problems. Anyway, I don't use MS Office but I use LibreOffice. Do I need to "add rule" all of its .exe files or just leave it?
 
Okay thanks for letting me know. Though I did clicked both so far no problems. Anyway, I don't use MS Office but I use LibreOffice. Do I need to "add rule" all of its .exe files or just leave it?
Simply click on "add LOLBins" and you are good to go. The rest like Adobe, MS Office rules are only necessary if you actually use the software
 
I would:

* Set UAC to Always Notify.
* Periodic malware scanners: add any 3rd party second Opinion Scanner would be welcome.
* System recovery: a full image system backup solution would be welcome also here.

Thanks for sharing :)
 
I would:

* Set UAC to Always Notify.
* Periodic malware scanners: add any 3rd party second Opinion Scanner would be welcome.
* System recovery: a full image system backup solution would be welcome also here.

Thanks for sharing :)
I will just leave the UAC to its default and won't add a second opinion scanner because I won't add anymore apps in this system. Just the browser, real-time security, password manager, vpn, firewall hardening tool, o&o shutup, and Libre Office. If my curiosity kicks in, I'll just fire up the Windows Sandbox or Hyper-V and visit the website there. I did make a system recovery though using the Windows create recovery drive feature into my flash drive (y)
 
I will just leave the UAC to its default and won't add a second opinion scanner because I won't add anymore apps in this system. Just the browser, real-time security, password manager, vpn, firewall hardening tool, o&o shutup, and Libre Office. If my curiosity kicks in, I'll just fire up the Windows Sandbox or Hyper-V and visit the website there. I did make a system recovery though using the Windows create recovery drive feature into my flash drive (y)
May I ask how you managed to get Crowdstrike? And how is it running on your system?
 
May I ask how you managed to get Crowdstrike? And how is it running on your system?
I got it through Amazon for $39 per license. It feels light in the system. Even though I turned all the settings and put the protection level to Aggressive/Moderate. It reminds of Panda Cloud when I used it years ago.
 
Okay so after some testing, I changed all the prevention levels from moderate to aggressive and I didn't feel any performance impact. So it's all good (y)
This probably the last time I'll mess with the settings until they introduce new features or until I discover some again 'cause I'm still exploring and learning about their console 😅
 
My Crowdstrike Falcon Go subscription almost expire and won't renew since they started now to require business email to buy from Amazon. My plan right now is to limit the use of 3rd party apps as possible and use the built-in features of Windows 11 Pro.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top