Question alternative system cleaner?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

lokamoka820

Level 5
Mar 1, 2024
It is not available in the store in The Netherlands.
An EU/GDPR thing?
I searched for it and I think it is not available for Europe, here what AI answer:

Microsoft PC Manager is a maintenance app designed to protect and optimize your Windows PC. However, it appears that the app is not currently available for download in the Microsoft Store for users in Europe.

Why is Microsoft PC Manager not available in the Microsoft Store for Europe?

The exact reason for this limitation is unclear, but it’s possible that Microsoft is gradually rolling out the app to different regions. Some users have reported that they can download the app by changing their region settings to a country where it is available, such as the United States or China.

Workaround: Change Region Settings

To download Microsoft PC Manager, you can try changing your region settings to a country where the app is available. Here’s how:

1. Go to Settings > Time & language > Language & region.
  2. Select a country where Microsoft PC Manager is available, such as the United States or China.
  3. Restart your PC to apply the changes.
  4. Open the Microsoft Store and search for Microsoft PC Manager.
  5. Click the “Get” button to download and install the app.
Alternative Methods

Some users have also reported success using a VPN to download the app. You can try using a VPN to connect to a server in a country where the app is available, and then download the app from the Microsoft Store.

Conclusion

Microsoft PC Manager is a useful app for optimizing and protecting your Windows PC, but its availability is currently limited to certain regions. If you’re in Europe and unable to download the app, you can try changing your region settings or using a VPN to access the app.

Marko :)

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
It is available in Microsoft Store.
I still can't find it on the Microsoft Store.
It is not available in the store in The Netherlands.
An EU/GDPR thing?
It's weird. Official website says coming soon.

Screenshot_1.png

Microsoft Store website downloads .exe file when clicking on Download, but when you click the view in Store button, Store opens without ability to download the app.

Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_2.png

The app probably doesn't meet EU standards so it isn't released here.

Last edited:

lokamoka820

Level 5
Mar 1, 2024
I still can't find it on the Microsoft Store.

It's weird. Official website says coming soon.

View attachment 283527

Microsoft Store website downloads .exe file when clicking on Download, but when you click the view in Store button, Store opens without ability to download the app.

View attachment 283529 View attachment 283530

The app probably doesn't meet EU standards so it isn't released here.
Yes, it is not available for EU, if you changed to US store you can download it, it is available in the store since 2022, I don't know what kind of standards it need to meet for EU.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Jan 8, 2011
IMHO if safety is the most important factor, then Reg Organizer is the safest.
It's safer to not use any third-party tools.

The tool you specifically called the safest can edit the Windows Registry, and that in itself has a high risk to make Windows un-bootable.
The Windows Registry is a critical component of the Windows operating system, storing settings and configuration data for the operating system and installed applications. Editing the registry can be a powerful way to customize and troubleshoot your system, but it requires caution to avoid causing harm to your system.
The official Microsoft policy is that you should be extremely careful when using Windows registry-editing software. If you do the wrong thing, PC performance can be compromised, and you could lose valuable data and important files.
[...]

At the end of the day, we’d only recommend attempting to edit or modify your Windows registry if you’re familiar with what you’re doing. Be very careful using third-party editing programs, and ensure you always have a full registry backup to use if problems do arise.

Source
Related: How to backup and restore the Windows Registry

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
Currently, I'm using Microsoft PC Manager, it is actually windows built-in cleaner on steroid.
While not specifically a "cleaner", I have been using Kerish Doctor for at least 5-8 years on every PC/laptop that I've owned. I've never had an issue with it. In fact, in the distant past, it's fixed issues that I had with my PC. It's essentially set it and forget it, if you want. Or, you can use it manually. You can search these forums and find a lot of discussions regarding Kerish Doctor. There are going to be some who call it "snake oil", but I can tell you that it is not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.